Author Topic: Continenal GT video  (Read 2508 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
on: March 08, 2014, 09:33:31 am
uploaded a video on youtube of the bike including a run down the home town street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3N-vM4KlGA&feature=player_detailpage

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 11:58:02 am
Thanks for sharing that wildbill. That's a nice looking bike! even when it stalls ;)
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 01:24:25 pm
yeah - first time on and that happened. thought i'd show the good and bad on my riding style lol

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 01:52:18 pm
Nice video and nice bike!
Needs a louder exhaust. 8)
Home of the Fireball 535 !

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 03:58:56 pm
yeah - first time on and that happened. thought i'd show the good and bad on my riding style lol

Lol!  I usually stall at a left hand turn, middle of the intersection with 8 cars behind me on their horns  :o. Can't say it's my first time on the bike as well... Doh!!!  But if I was on YOUR bike, people would be saying 'what's that idiot doing on that nice looking bike'.

Seriously, that thing is fab!
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

Royalista

• phaneropter
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 09:41:29 pm
The introductory part is very neat, with the ambient sound of birds fitting harmoniously in with the noise of the engine.
Better than a promo video.  ;D
moriunt omnes pauci vivunt

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 09:57:50 pm
Shore is quiet! The muffler would have to go! Did you leave the sidestand down? That's  usually how I kill them when I first start them up. Absolutely neato bike!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 11:22:13 pm
bare- i had read reports where several bike testers had stalled the bike on take -off. i too joined them lol. only once but had no problem after that.
bit of background noise was the wife putting out the garbage followed by a car then a magpie landed in the tree.

ace cafe

sports exhaust ordered and due here by the end of the month. if only i still had my spare english efi job

silver metallic engine paint appears to be sprayed  and no clear coat on side cover of the motor

although i have not exceed 3000 revs in any gear - there is slight vibration but it wasn't the high pitch buzzing i had been used to on the other bikes
hard to explain but next run i will take more notice of it

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 12:04:46 pm
Awesome bike!

And yes, it surely needs a better breathing exhaust! Will bring out the roar for sure  :-X
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 07:14:14 am
 JVS
have the sports exhaust on order and sould arrive by the end of the month. looking back on the c and b5's - the efi silencer/muffer did wonder to those two models.
the exhaust note was far better and i think the performace was an added bonus too. hopefully it will do the same for the continental.
by the way no spare tyres in the dealer kit this time. just a couple of cables and a spray can of paint
regards