Author Topic: Some Sunday morning inspiration  (Read 1332 times)

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
on: March 02, 2014, 02:51:59 pm
I came across a couple of inspirational videos on YouTube this morning.

Sunday Morning Inspiration

Come on Spring!

Cheers,

Dan K.

sven trials

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 04:09:20 pm
Hope some decent weather comes soon..

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 04:58:25 pm
Thanks, more bad weather here anticipated...Maybe a foot of snow....Just don't want any ice storm....It's 50 right now and feels like early spring....Batteries still sitting on cardboard in the back room..Ugh.
Oh Magoo you done it again

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 05:16:56 pm
That Scrambling Across America was a great video!  We HAVE to ride Rt 550, that looked like an amazing road to ride.  Definitely one of those roads that excites you and scares you at the same time!    :D   Now that I think of it, I believe baird has talked about that road before, he lives out that way.  I think the simple fact that almost half of the video was footage of Colorado just goes to show, quite literally, just how awesome it is to ride here in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.  I recognized and have ridden almost all the roads for about the first 5 minutes of Colorado.  285 is a fun highway too with some great views that isn't too terribly busy.

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 05:23:09 pm
That Scrambling Across America was a great video!  We HAVE to ride Rt 550, that looked like an amazing road to ride.  Definitely one of those roads that excites you and scares you at the same time!    :D   Now that I think of it, I believe baird has talked about that road before, he lives out that way.  I think the simple fact that almost half of the video was footage of Colorado just goes to show, quite literally, just how awesome it is to ride here in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.  I recognized and have ridden almost all the roads for about the first 5 minutes of Colorado.  285 is a fun highway too with some great views that isn't too terribly busy.

Scottie J

Yup, US 550 from Ouray to Silverton is awesome.  I've ridden it many times.  We're lucky to live in CO!

Cheers,

Dan K.

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 11:55:10 pm
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 12:12:53 am
Thanks for sharing these Dan!  Toronto to Cali! That's a great road trip, and it gets me thinking that I REALLY need to be on a bike right now; not shoveling snow.
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 02:06:18 pm
That Scrambling Across America was a great video!  We HAVE to ride Rt 550, that looked like an amazing road to ride.  Definitely one of those roads that excites you and scares you at the same time!    :D   Now that I think of it, I believe baird has talked about that road before...
Scottie J

yup Scottie, that is one of our favorite rides. 550, Ouray to Durango is called "the Million Dollar Highway". The stretch from Ouray to Silverton is the best but about 1/2 way Silverton to Durango is almost as good. To see more vids do a search of The Million Dollar Highway.
           - Mike
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:09:03 pm by baird4444 »
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill