Author Topic: 59 Indian Trailblazer  (Read 4811 times)

clarksp

• Neophyte
on: July 07, 2008, 01:59:27 pm
Just bought a very complete 59 Indian Trailblazer 700 to restore.  I'm looking for the following parts, any help greatly appreciated;

- Speedometer
- Ammeter (that fits in headlight assembly)
- Horn and headlight switch
- Air filter
- Battery bracket (that holds battery in and cover on)
- Fasteners that hold the two side covers on (air and battery)

Thanks for the help!

Scott in Texas

rotorwrench

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 07:00:13 pm
The 150 MPH Stewart Warner speedo is getting hard to find. I've purchased several on E-Pay for my projects and have made tools to restore them myself. The really hard part to find is the speedo drive. It's a Smiths drive but it has an 8-3 ratio. Most of the rest of the parts you can get reproduction from Hitchcock's. The tool box lids are fiberglass now as the original stamped metal ones are hard to get. I've seen several on E-Pay in the last two years. You can check with our host for parts too.

Get the part numberd from Hitchcoks web-site or see if our host has the parts manuals. Sometimes Domiracer/Accessory Mart has the stuff. Iota Products Co. in Michigan might be able to help (517) 467-1127 or Helm Cycle Sales in Minnesota at (320) 369-4343. I used to get a lot of stuff from members of the Royal Enfield Owners Club / North America but they only send a newsletter about once a year now.

vikinglynn

• Neophyte
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 05:29:38 am
Dear Clark SP ;  I had a wonderful time renovating my '57 Super Meteor.  Don't despair!  The parts are out there.  Although they mutate continually, try these:  Queeng's British Bits and More; and Steadfast Cycles.  I also have a 2005 Bullet Classic which I added some items to; I  love it also!  The Super Meteor pulls almost like my old Sportster from the sixties and seventies.  I have found that many parts are interchangeable between the Bullets and the old Meteor-Constellation classes.  It really is amazing.  I have bought many items from Classic Motorworks which fit my 700.  Try Kevin and Co's parts inventory first; then, if they don't have it, try Hitchcock's in the UK.  British Iron Onward!!  Lynn Meredith, Lawrence, Ks.