Author Topic: Ready For The Races!  (Read 5890 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 12:01:43 am
Yeah Tom, I might be hooked now.  :D

You know, in the Main Event, I felt like I could have pushed the bike harder than I was except I was actually scraping my foot peg in the turns.  I guess that just gives me a good reason to install rear sets.  ;D  I was getting the ass end to slide a bit without being scared about it.  ;)  A couple more times out and I think I could take the #1 Podium Spot.

This is what every racer is always saying.
"If I did this or that, I could have been even faster".
It never goes away. It's in the blood.
Just enjoy it!
Home of the Fireball 535 !

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 01:47:07 am

This is what every racer is always saying.
"If I did this or that, I could have been even faster".
It never goes away. It's in the blood.
Just enjoy it!

No Damn it!  I NEED to go faster!  I want to win!    ;D

But yeah, looking back at race video footage is productive.  The first time you watch it's like "Yeah, that was cool"  Then every time after that it's like "You accelerated out of the turn too late.  You braked too early.  You lost your line."  But you know what?  I'm finally living a life long ambition and I can only get better.  You know?  I've already been thinking about going back to the track during the week when no one is there just to see how hard I can push myself and try to learn how to slide the rear end out on the entrance to the turn.  I learned last night that when guys are sliding their rear end on the entrance they are actually off of the throttle and using drag to slide out and then get back on the throttle in mid turn.  I'm pretty sure they never touch their brakes.

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 01:58:23 am
No Damn it!  I NEED to go faster!  I want to win!    ;D

But yeah, looking back at race video footage is productive.  The first time you watch it's like "Yeah, that was cool"  Then every time after that it's like "You accelerated out of the turn too late.  You braked too early.  You lost your line."  But you know what?  I'm finally living a life long ambition and I can only get better.  You know?  I've already been thinking about going back to the track during the week when no one is there just to see how hard I can push myself and try to learn how to slide the rear end out on the entrance to the turn.  I learned last night that when guys are sliding their rear end on the entrance they are actually off of the throttle and using drag to slide out and then get back on the throttle in mid turn.  I'm pretty sure they never touch their brakes.

Scottie J
What I'm saying is that even when you win, you are thinking about how you could go faster. It's the racer's mentality.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 02:09:30 am
Well hell!  I've been that way since I started riding a Big Wheel!    ;D

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 02:31:07 am
 :)

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 12:08:27 pm
congratz.so very exciting!
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 11:13:45 pm
Nice one, Scottie - a great weekend for Royal Enfields in competitions on both sides of the pond, by the looks of things!  8) 8)
 B.W.

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 11:24:36 pm
Nice goin' Scottie! 

Videos are pretty cool.  Looks like the front was really movin' in.  It's strange to see headlights on the bikes on a racetrack.

Cheers,

Dan K.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 03:43:17 am
Nice one, Scottie - a great weekend for Royal Enfields in competitions on both sides of the pond, by the looks of things!  8) 8)
 B.W.

Indeed it was an excellent weekend for Royal Enfields! 2nd place finishes on both sides of the pond!  Cheers to you and your team Paul!

Nice goin' Scottie! 

Videos are pretty cool.  Looks like the front was really movin' in.  It's strange to see headlights on the bikes on a racetrack.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Yes the storm was moving in quick.  I felt like that scene in Fear And Loathing Las Vegas when Raoul Duke was in the desert reporting the desert race!  It was intense but I didn't hold back much.  Like I said, the last 3 laps of the main event I was scraping my foot peg and sliding the tire a bit.  I really want to go back out and practice some more.

AND I called the race track today and it sounds like I will in fact be getting a trophy for 2nd place!  I left before the end of the races because I was afraid of getting caught in the storm.  But I left a message for the guy in charge of that stuff and he is supposed to call me tomorrow to verify.  :)

Scottie J

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 01:08:57 pm
I'm excited for today!  I'm leaving work early so I can go check out this 2 bed 2 bath condo with garage at 3:30p.  And when I'm finished with that, the photos from the professional photographer should be uploaded to his website this afternoon!   :D

Scottie J

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 01:48:49 am
The proofs/pics were uploaded to the photographers website today!  Granted, these are just proofs, but I will be ordering the actual pics by the end of the week.  Check out pic #2 and how close my foot peg is to the track.  I told you I was scraping a bit!  ;D

Here is the link to the website for more photos of me and the rest of the racers

http://www.xtremexposurephoto.com/g/33-scottie_usher

Scottie J

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 04:09:48 am
Looking good Scottie!
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 04:12:24 am
Here's The actual photos.

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 02:24:00 pm
Looks like you were having fun there, too. When a bike is enjoyable to ride, it goes so much better for you in a race  ;)
 B.W.

RE_Chief

• Bulleteer
Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 10:49:31 pm
Well done Scottie, I watched the vids they are great mate.

Your motorcycle looks fantastic too by the way.

Regards Charles
1955 Indian Tomahawk 500 twin
1958 Indian Chief 700 twin (SMPB 9002 the 2nd ever made)
1960 Indian Chief 700 twin
1964 Interceptor Mk1 750 twin
1967 Interceptor Mk1A 750 twin
1994 Bullet Deluxe 570 long stroke single
2018 Interceptor 650