Author Topic: Posi Tap Connectors for Electrical Wires  (Read 1518 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
on: February 07, 2014, 06:11:15 am
Comparison of wire connectors for tapping into live wire easily, quickly and  solderless. Posi Tap Connectors are very well designed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs9PX-p-JrU
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 11:47:23 am
Cool.  I like the music, too!

With those Posi-Tap connectors, do you have to make allowances for all that wire twisting?

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 01:01:29 pm
Any kind of quick connector works for general wiring, but never use them on anything that is Ohm sensitive, like O2 sensors or other sensors.  Those kind of connections need to be soldered to insure good conductivity and accurate readings of the sensors.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 05:09:23 pm
Cool.  I like the music, too!

With those Posi-Tap connectors, do you have to make allowances for all that wire twisting?

NO. 

Attach the connector to live wire FIRST, and then the other end of connector to additional wire. There is no twisting of wires by following this order of attachment (I have actually tested it, now).

When I had recorded the video that was the first time I had used Posi connectors and was not aware of this potential problem.

Good point Matt ! By recording a video, it becomes easier to visualize what can be improved upon and how it can be done.

When I get time, I will put a note in the video - Thanks.
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5