Author Topic: Pulser Coil  (Read 15020 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: January 26, 2014, 09:42:57 pm
I was in Casper from '49-'63 when I joined the Navy, I guess I took your place, I went to Nam in '68. While there we went to Japan for a little R&R and went down to the Yamaha factory in Hamamatsu and saw them loading the trucks with brand new DT-1s. I wanted to buy one there, but I got lucky as the Navy wouldn't let us bring back bikes. I spent my money on a Canon Pellix and a bunch of lenses, By lucky means I never bought a Jap dirt bike until many years after that, the European stuff was far better handling in those days! I did ride some of them and mostly they scared the hell outta me!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Buckeroo

• Bulleteer
Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 07:34:21 pm
Wow, 2cv, I'm glad that you figured out that rats nest, or part of it.  I have been looking longingly at unwrapping that huge mess and rerouting or eliminating some of it. I had wondered if some of the loom had left over components like the timing tower up the right side of the engine.  I installed the larger tri-bar light last weekend and thought, I have got to get these wires fixed.  I started mapping it out last summer, but got interrupted by a bad illness.  I am making plans to move and so buttoned up my 2008 even though the sprag is still a mess.  So when my shop is resituated, first the sprag, and then the rats nest.  When I replace the old TCI with the new green one, I get to remove the "pulser" in the left case.  I'm wanting to relocate all my fuses and components to one of the right or left cases and get them out from under the seat.  Thanks for figuring it out.
This bike was stored for 3.5 years.  It had fallen on its side for awhile. I claimed it about a year and a half ago. Thus the low miles and inexperienced owner.
2008 Bullet Electra Classic 500
Classic Frame and AVL motor
Electric Start
Electronic Ignition
5 speed
CV Carb

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 08:58:06 pm
Wow, 2cv, I'm glad that you figured out that rats nest, or part of it.  I have been looking longingly at unwrapping that huge mess and rerouting or eliminating some of it. I had wondered if some of the loom had left over components like the timing tower up the right side of the engine.  I installed the larger tri-bar light last weekend and thought, I have got to get these wires fixed.  I started mapping it out last summer, but got interrupted by a bad illness.  I am making plans to move and so buttoned up my 2008 even though the sprag is still a mess.  So when my shop is resituated, first the sprag, and then the rats nest.  When I replace the old TCI with the new green one, I get to remove the "pulser" in the left case.  I'm wanting to relocate all my fuses and components to one of the right or left cases and get them out from under the seat.  Thanks for figuring it out.

You can't do anything about the 30 wires that run forward wrapped in three layers of sticky tape; they all Go Somewhere & Do Something. You can wrap them better, but that's about it.

BUT you can do a lot with the mess under the seat & in the left side case. I feel a lot better now that I know where every wire goes & what it does. The only thing in my left side case now is the starter relay & under the seat is no longer a rat's nest.

If I live long enough I want to clean up what I can inside the headlight nacelle, but right now I have enough irons in the fire & don't want to add any more. With the head work finished & a new carb to rejet & sort out, I just want a running bike again.

Oh, yeah. The Pulser you mention (in the left side case) is actually a spark delay component that the factory added to the T.C.I circuit to try to prevent electric start kickbacks. It's not on ANY schematic. You'll see how my schematic confused me at first if you read this thread thru from the beginning again.   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:01:18 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.