Author Topic: UK to Spain on an AVL  (Read 6499 times)

Tiny Tim

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 05:31:26 pm
Glad to hear you survived and indeed enjoyed the experience.

Make sure you don't forget to write it up. I look forward to reading it.

REgards

TT
REgards

Tiny Tim

"Whilst it isn't possible to polish a turd, you can always roll it in glitter"

2005 Electra AVL

icarus

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 03:23:32 am
Yes please, share your experiences. I'm sure it must have been an exciting experience and a great journey.
1947 FN M13
1997 Honda Africa Twin XRV750
2007 Indian Bullet Electra 5S  which I travelled with in Nepal and India.
2008 Honda Transalp XL700V
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100

23hp

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 11:33:35 am
Will definitely share the trip as soon as my job gives me a chance to write it up!

Got a wee question... Got a garage here to remove the rack I had placed on the back for my trip down but now find that the right shock is not sitting correctly at the top and pushed against the left bar http://niederle.googlepages.com/base  I at first thought that I was missing a washer or something as the other shock sits perfectly but can't see anything.  Anyone like to comment?

Thanks

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 01:12:14 pm
..... first thought that I was missing a washer or something as the other shock sits perfectly but can't see anything.  Anyone like to comment?

Thanks

Looks just like mine. Sometimes we notice things later that we have preconceived mental pictures of.

23hp

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 01:31:17 pm
..... first thought that I was missing a washer or something as the other shock sits perfectly but can't see anything.  Anyone like to comment?

Thanks

Looks just like mine. Sometimes we notice things later that we have preconceived mental pictures of.

I know what you mean but still think that I am missing something as you can see in the updated photo: http://niederle.googlepages.com/base the LH shock sits nicely in the center and you can see the shiny metal at the bottom of both sides whereas the RH shock is crammed up to the frame at the left exposing much more metal at the right.

As I'm not too mechanically minded it could be that its designed this way?

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 05:27:36 pm
Just looked at my RE, the shocks seem to be in the center of the bolt with metal (bolt)showing on both inboard and outboard.on each rear shock. Mind you I do have the classic frame.

Have you put a spanner on the bolt in question to see if it is loose?
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

23hp

• Bulleteer
Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 11:16:46 am
Just looked at my RE, the shocks seem to be in the center of the bolt with metal (bolt)showing on both inboard and outboard.on each rear shock. Mind you I do have the classic frame.

Have you put a spanner on the bolt in question to see if it is loose?

hmmmm, Bolt is tight..  Well if it doesn´t affect the handling i´ll just ignore it!