Author Topic: (Verbally) pulled the trigger!  (Read 7820 times)

prof_stack

on: July 03, 2008, 10:53:46 pm
Great news came today from Geico:  They (we) won the arbitration dispute with the other insurance company and so I am 0% liable for the 06/30/07 accident.  I'll be getting back the full deductible amount and will get full "pain and suffering" compensation, once the books are closed on medical treatments.

BUT, the real news is:

I just talked with Vince and made a verbal commitment to purchase an '08 blue Electra-X arriving sometime late next week. 

There, I've done it.  I figure after 200 posts I'm (over)due. 

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 11:26:19 pm
Congrats, you have a lot of RE knowledge in your area.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 12:20:36 am
Yeah!  Good decision!

Eamon
Eamon

deejay

Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 12:33:51 am
About time! CONGRATS  ;D

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 12:38:22 am
     Thanks professor!  You do realize that now I have witnesses........

ridgerunner

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 02:05:24 am
Big congrats professor! The X and the buell are lightyears apart, but I think you'll like it. Does the X come with a front disc brake? That's the only upgrade I'm considering for the Bullet.
08 Bullet ES (AVL)
The Enfield saves on gas, riding the Enfield saves on Prozac. ;)

prof_stack

Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 03:20:41 am
Thanks professor!  You do realize that now I have witnesses........
Uh, yeah Vince.  My biggest worry now is finding a friend with a pickup truck since my bro just told me he sold his. 

Big congrats professor! The X and the buell are lightyears apart, but I think you'll like it. Does the X come with a front disc brake? That's the only upgrade I'm considering for the Bullet.
Thanks Ridge.  The Electra-X does come with front disc, plus adjustable shocks, and a sidestand, and some other changes over the other models.  My plan now is to not do any mods for the first 300 miles.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 03:25:49 am
i have touched my hand to scrEeN.. i feEL tHE LiGHT.....  I sEE it....

I Am a wiTnEsS..  praise to the scrEeN...

]ooops sorry got carried away remembering fading am radio stations when I had my 56 VW

i see in your future______

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 03:32:16 am
I was holding my breath so long I died...
Oh Magoo you done it again

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 03:56:11 am
Congratulations Professor!  Blue is a tasty choice!
    Almost forgot, I am thoroughly happy for you and your successful arbitration! Don't do it again.

LJRead

Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 06:17:19 am
Odd that I was thinking about your decision making process today - very, shall we say, professorial :).  What I came up with is that in making such a decision, the best thing is to consider which bike will give the most pleasure.  If we can't enjoy the ride, all other things fade as insignificant, don't they?  I really like my bike and I think you will like yours too.  I'm sure you have all our very best wishes behind you.

Now about that ivory tower...

Good luck,

LJ

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 01:18:28 pm
Congratulations Dr. Stack...er or considering your time in research, Dr. Enfield.  :D

prof_stack

Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 03:45:24 pm
Odd that I was thinking about your decision making process today - very, shall we say, professorial :).  What I came up with is that in making such a decision, the best thing is to consider which bike will give the most pleasure.  If we can't enjoy the ride, all other things fade as insignificant, don't they?  I really like my bike and I think you will like yours too.  I'm sure you have all our very best wishes behind you.

Now about that ivory tower...Good luck,   LJ

Thanks LJ.  The garage is clean and the bicycles are hung up on hooks to make way for the Electra-X.  My school doesn't have an ivory tower, but rather an ivy wall where the school name appears.   ::)  I'll find a picture...

Congratulations Dr. Stack...er or considering your time in research, Dr. Enfield.  :D

Thanks Phil.  I believe I will be learning a whole lot more about Enfields pretty soon.

prof_stack

Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 09:43:02 pm
Okay, here's an update.  Vince is unpacking the blue Electra-X from the crate today and will have it ready for me to test-ride in the morning.  Then, if all goes well, we'll put it in the back of a (borrowed) pickup truck and it'll come 60 miles north to its home in Seattle.  The weather looks nice for some days ahead, so I'll have lots of time to properly break it in.

Here's what the Electra-X should look like:

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 04:47:31 am
I am excited for you Professor, You have been waiting a long time. The looks of the Electra have grown on me, for the most part.
   That is a fine looking bike.