Author Topic: "Free" Short Movie  (Read 2492 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
on: January 08, 2014, 01:44:15 pm
A friend posted this on facebook.  It's short and sweet and I think you will enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdcxAfp_A_s

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 03:35:17 pm
Cool, thought - provoking movie!

One of the first things to come to mind was that I used to be able to feel "free" like that in almost everything in daily life 50 years ago. Not so much today.
It's frightening how much freedom(and money) has been forcibly stolen from the people by corrupted government in such a short time.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:38:21 pm
I must admit I've always felt "free' and still do, maybe that's why I've been married 4 times.   ;D  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 11:47:28 pm
Aw Ace, don't spoil it!!!  ;)

I don't remember if I posted this before here, and I'm too lazy to look, but I definitely find that riding gives me a freedom - not to enjoy the scenery, which I don't do very well while I'm under way, but the freedom to think only about the riding I'm doing in the moment.  It's a time I can not be thinking about anything else, which can be a wonderful therapy.  And, there is nothing else I do which gives me that.

Even for my short commute to work - by car I arrive half-asleep and bored.  But by bike, by the time I leave my driveway, I've already forgotten that I'm even going to work, and I just get to focus on the task at hand.  I arrive at work awake and energized (and not wanting to stop, but that's another problem altogether!  ;D ).

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 12:29:45 am
I like it. And like the rider in the video , I find it works best with a full face helmet.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 01:29:58 am
Aw Ace, don't spoil it!!!  ;)

I don't remember if I posted this before here, and I'm too lazy to look, but I definitely find that riding gives me a freedom - not to enjoy the scenery, which I don't do very well while I'm under way, but the freedom to think only about the riding I'm doing in the moment.  It's a time I can not be thinking about anything else, which can be a wonderful therapy.  And, there is nothing else I do which gives me that.

Even for my short commute to work - by car I arrive half-asleep and bored.  But by bike, by the time I leave my driveway, I've already forgotten that I'm even going to work, and I just get to focus on the task at hand.  I arrive at work awake and energized (and not wanting to stop, but that's another problem altogether!  ;D ).

Sorry if I posted a buzzkill.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

sven trials

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 02:44:14 am
He talked about voices in the head, mine are too scarey and annoying to listen to...

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 04:10:23 am
This is one reason why I like riding in the dirt so much.  The unpaved forgotten roads, that whisper archaic tales of those who rode there before you.  Just escaping civilization, freeing your entire mind, body and soul as you soar through the wind with the clearest of minds.  Riding is a necessity for me, it's the yin to my yang, even if it means saddling up in sub-zero temps to go roll around the block in 4" of snow.  :)

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 05:04:10 pm
I definitely find that riding gives me a freedom - not to enjoy the scenery, which I don't do very well while I'm under way, but the freedom to think only about the riding I'm doing in the moment.  It's a time I can not be thinking about anything else, which can be a wonderful therapy.  And, there is nothing else I do which gives me that.

Amen to that.  I could not agree more.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 05:15:50 pm
I must admit I've always felt "free' and still do, maybe that's why I've been married 4 times.   ;D  ERC
Wow, 4 times? You obviously don't breed well in captivity! ;D
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 06:39:01 pm
I must admit I've always felt "free' and still do, maybe that's why I've been married 4 times.

I know that feeling, too. I've even had more experience than you. I had one wife tell me "no Motorcycles." She never did understand how much that shortened our marriage! I got another bike and was gone. (I still had a Greeves from before we got married.) But she also didn't like my flying, which I was doing for a living. And she didn't like sailing as I was racing sailboats to replace the motocross racing.
My current wife was warned about saying anything detrimental to my flying or motorcycling when we started going together. She does mention it on occasions, usually when I'm in the hospital or emergency room, but I gently remind her about our "prenup" and she shuts up! She is finally getting the idea that motorcycling is my mental and physical therapy after 19 years.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 08:16:37 pm
ERC's problem is he's just so friggin cheerful and easy going the women can't stand it
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 11:44:37 pm
Thanks for straightening that out for everybody Redcat.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.