Author Topic: Bullet 535 Cafe Racer  (Read 1402 times)

neil

• Bulleteer
  • Neil & Buzzy the Bullet
on: March 01, 2014, 03:11:35 pm
hello forum members:
Local R.E. dealer in NH has 535 Café Racer listed on their dealer stock with * pre-order required. Does anybody know if this model is available and has anyone got one yet this year.

I've read the comments on the internet but I'd like to find out from an owner if this new bike is subject to the usual "quirks" of my old Iron Barrel. I love Buzzy, but I'd also like to up grade to something a bit more reliable to go further and faster than I can with Buzzy. Anyone with firsthand experience to give a recommendation ?

Thanks Neil 

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 03:20:09 pm
The new bikes are beginning to arrive at various dealers.  They are based on the UCE engine, so you would inherit the improvements already present in the UCE over the Iron Barrel.

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 04:52:41 pm
I stopped by my local dealer today as it happens. He had a GT in stock but it was sold and the owner was there to pick it up. I did get to sit on it for a second and liked it. The stock exhaust isn't nearly as dumb looking as the other models and i didn't hate the mirrors either. Quality (very short look) not as great as i thought it would be, but nice still. As for quirks, i don't think you would enjoy it without them! ;D ;D ;D
All the best, Roverman.

Dave1

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 06:05:08 pm
I too have seen the new GT 535 cafe racer at my local RE dealer last year. They do look nice and good. But like RoverMan said, when you look close its not as high as quality as it could be. One of the draw backs to me, is that really to be an all out cafe racer, it should do the ton 100mph. Because back in that era if it couldn't it wasn't a cafe racer! I don't like the handle bars either. There not true clip ons, which you can adjust to your requirements. With that in mind. I would make sure you get to sit on one. If the bars are an issue Hitchcocks in the UK already make proper clip ons for it!