Author Topic: California  (Read 4372 times)

rb

• Neophyte
on: June 29, 2008, 12:00:32 am
I am very interested in getting a Royal Enfield but I live in California the only state that will not register one.  Does anybody know of a way to get one smog certified here so that I can purchase one and get it registered?  My son and I have been checking out the military model with the sidecar.
Thanks for any help.

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 09:20:24 pm
We've got a little page about this here: http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/california.html

My advice is to get in touch with Guy Coover at Sun Valley Service Center in Sun Valley, Nevada. He's an official dealer of ours, and he's an expert on navigating the CARB requirements.

Here's his information:

Sun Valley
5670 Sun Valley Dr
Sun Valley, NV 89433
Phone: 775-673-9611

I hope this helps!
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

bobblehead76

• rider in north carolina
  • Scooter
  • 08 Military
Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:33:45 pm
You can legally register and enfield in the state of California if it is used and has more then 2000 miles on it. Ill see if i can find the info on it again just for verification.
Bobblehead76

El Rojo

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 05:45:43 am
I live in California and I just received an '05 Bullet classic ES from Guy at Sun Valley.  The regulations in California require that any vehicle not meeting CARB regs (having a CA emissions statement on a permanent placard on the vehicle) can only be registered if they are used and have an odometer reading at time of sale of no less than 7500 miles.  There are exceptions for military personnel and people moving in from out of state.

Guy knows his stuff, will take the time to familiarize you with your bullet, and just plain enjoys what he does.  Highly recommended-these bikes are amazing and every ride is a sensory experience.  You will not be disappointed!

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 01:43:14 am
Glad to hear someone finally figured out the california/enfield thing...Pretty much have heard different opinions over this fiasco the past 2 years with no firm idea..Maybe this is the real deal on getting a enfield into california..Cheers and glad u had success
Oh Magoo you done it again

hobocos

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 05:39:15 am
i live in fresno ca.  Guy is delivering my 99   oct 18.  rebuilt like new   and  with the extras i liked