Author Topic: Disc brake lever compatibility?  (Read 1424 times)

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
on: December 26, 2013, 08:29:09 pm
Hi all--

Anyone know if the lever blade on the stock Enfield disc brake master cyl/lever assembly is interchangeable with any other bike?

Thanks!

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 09:47:01 pm
Well, went to the local shop today.  A lever on the wall looked like it'd fit if it was milled to be a bit thinner.  (Even had the brake light switch actuating paddle part...)  Parts guy told me it was spec'd for an "old gold wing."

Reason I asked was I was thinking of using a modern offroad clutch lever on my bike with the "hot start" lever (such as an ASV f1 or f3) to actuate the decompressor.  Figured I'd want to go with a matching brake lever on the other side if I went this route.

Left the store with an MSR lever which looks similar enough to the stock lever blade shape that I think it'll work, but am also thinking of sticking with the more vintage-style separate decomp lever blade/perch.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:54:42 pm by AgentX »

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 10:27:38 pm
I was actually thinking of putting some MSR levers/perches on the Blackhawk.  Mine are all beat up and I just really like the way MSR levers are designed and pull.  Plus they're affordable and readily available.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King