Author Topic: Goodbye Boston  (Read 9611 times)

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: December 30, 2013, 02:50:56 pm
I don't want to punch anyone..I just don't care for the beer... 8)
Oh Magoo you done it again

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: December 30, 2013, 07:25:35 pm
I don't want to punch anyone..I just don't care for the beer... 8)

LoL  I was joking around.  I don't actually fight unless it's in a ring or cage.  But it's about 5 years since I've done any of that.   :)

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 05:30:00 pm
Well Boggy the latch on my shed door let go last night in the wind and when I discovered it this morning there was a nice layer of fluffy snow all over everything inside including my Enfield. See all the fun your missing.

So I have to plead ignorance here because I got no idea what a hipster is.maybe it's an urban concept. I like Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA. A nice bitter brew and I have to add I've never disliked anyone because of the beer in there hand.

The reason European beers are so great when consumed in Europe is because they aren't required to pasteurize them which kills a lot of flavor. Cheers
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 07:53:26 pm
I've been getting pictures + curses all morning from everyone back home back east.  My last known address was a temperate of 1 degree Fahrenheit last night.  Insanity.  When I told everyone I was moving to SoCal they said, "Ohhh, why?"  Now they just say, "Ohhh."

Here you go redcat, a pretty funny photo-illustration that breaks it down for you.  We all have a little hipster in us - we just don't know it.  But like the Force to a Jedi, the Irony must flow through you.

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/2012/11/02/evolution-hipster.jpg

2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Reply #34 on: January 03, 2014, 08:09:06 pm
I've been getting pictures + curses all morning from everyone back home back east.  My last known address was a temperate of 1 degree Fahrenheit last night.  Insanity.  When I told everyone I was moving to SoCal they said, "Ohhh, why?"  Now they just say, "Ohhh."

Here you go redcat, a pretty funny photo-illustration that breaks it down for you.  We all have a little hipster in us - we just don't know it.  But like the Force to a Jedi, the Irony must flow through you.

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/2012/11/02/evolution-hipster.jpg

LOL!
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

My MotoVlog Channel:  http://tinyurl.com/nnso3av

mattjohnson207

• Bulleteer
Reply #35 on: January 03, 2014, 08:14:47 pm
Started surfing in Portland  ( the right one). In '64.  Higgins .
Moved to Phoenix one summer when the surf was particullarly awful in SoCal. Needed the work.
Currently building a hollow wood surfboard out of redwood; 6'9" single fin
Have pretty much given up on California crowds in the surf...Maine is not that much better.
Got my eyes firmly set on Baja
Welcome home
     D Matt in Glendale, Az
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:24:42 pm by mattjohnson207 »

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: January 03, 2014, 08:33:46 pm
Thanks Boggy, That was very funny and very helpful, T

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: January 03, 2014, 09:02:17 pm
That is really cool - And funny you should mention as I was just reading about Todd Redwood Surfboards and the process of making them.  Amazing craftsmanship.  I can't find what I was reading but here is the website. 

toddredwoodsurfboards.com

2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

mattjohnson207

• Bulleteer
Reply #38 on: January 05, 2014, 05:25:53 am
hi Boggy,    went to    www.grainsurf.com/forums,  from there to Riche"s template shop,   bought plans for $20,  they sent me a pdf,  emailed that to the fed ex print shop while i was there.  they printed out the ribs and rocker stringer full size...pretty cheap.   just layed it out on 1/4" baltic ply  from home depot.  then will jig saw out the skeleton.   then on you tube  check out Gallaghers  6 part  video , Hollow redwood surfboard for Balints  makes it easy, no shaping involved...     then i go to Home depot and pick out the cleanest redwood 2x4"s i can find.
       Been a few years scince i lived in North County,   I  imagine you'll be the only surfer on an Enfeild...I'll say hello!
      Best,   Matt
           ps...Wahoo Fish Tacos in La Jolla!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:31:29 am by mattjohnson207 »

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: January 05, 2014, 02:31:21 pm
We have Wahoo Fish Tacos all over Denver.  I've never been there but I here they have good food.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: January 06, 2014, 03:43:48 pm
Just checked out their site.  Very cool.  It's great they offer some kits and templates, encouraging others to build something by hand.  I think we are on the crest of a hand-made good boom.  Lots of stuff popping up.  Matt, it would be great to see some progress pics - I'm sure folks here would dig it.

I've spent a lot of time in York.  Summers are obviously great there, but Winter is pretty sweet when the tourists are away.  And really quick to get to from Boston.  Grain Surf looks like great company.  Really cool stuff.

I just picked up my first board.  A "new to me" 8 foot Doyle tri-fin.  Took me a while to find one I could afford, and one that looked good.  Because if I'm gonna look like an idiot out there, flopping around in the waves like a out of shape harbor seal, at least my board will have style.  It reminds me of the Mach 5 from the old Speed Racer cartoons, but we've been calling it the "O'Doyle." 

(Sorry about the palm trees - I know it's a kick in the ribs during these frigid times).
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: January 09, 2014, 02:08:48 am
If you haven't had a burger at Hodad's in OB yet, I'm gonna smack you.

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: January 09, 2014, 04:56:31 pm
If you haven't had a burger at Hodad's in OB yet, I'm gonna smack you.
Haha... I HAVE! I have.  Just not in the past decade so maybe only a 50% smack.  I've only been down in the city a few times since we've been here - Mostly for airport runs, but I did get to the Ballast Point brewery and to Bronx Pizza for the closest thing to a proper slice that I could find.  Man, who do you have to know to get good pizza out here!?!  There are thousands of people on Yelp who evidently have not have never tasted a proper slice or they wouldn't be dolling out so many 5 stars.  I almost feel as if it's my responsibility to open a pizza shop here!
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: January 09, 2014, 08:21:04 pm
I will tell you something Boggy and I'm not being sarcastic here but when I was living in Seattle back in the early 80's it was impossible to find decent pizza. It's a West Coast thing. There now I've done it!

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: January 09, 2014, 11:24:52 pm
looks like the cold weather is affecting everyone about the same Boggy, check out the latest map