Author Topic: Headlight 4467 vs h4467  (Read 4390 times)

NJ Riff Raff

• Scooter
on: December 22, 2013, 02:30:27 am
Hello. I just replaced my headlight and with part number Wagner H4467.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/WLP0/H4467/N2504.oap?ck=Search_N2504_1314333_-1&pt=N2504&ppt=C2389

The original is part number Wagner 4467.

http://www.normanlamps.com/product_info.php/products_id/3876

I assume the H is standing for halogen? The one I received has a series of little tabs all around on back which is different from the one glass tab on the back of the original.  I got it to fit but I think those tabs are making making it fit at a angle. I could cut them off. Also no high beam when switched on.  Checked my connections and everything looks good. Could this just be the wrong headlight to replace the 4467 with? Is there a difference? I can't seem to find the anywhere to order the 4467 that is in stock. Could it just be a blown fuse preventing the high beams?
2008 Royal Enfield Military Iron Barrel

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 12:26:33 pm
When I changed mine over to accept the H4 buib I
Had to swap positions of wires green and blue putting the green in the middle cause bright or dim wouldn't work, can't
remember. Guessing lugs on the H bulbs are different.
             - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 03:30:56 pm
H4 is the number you are looking for in a bulb with the right tabs on it.. As for the wirinf on other bulbs, you have to play withthem to hit therightspots, although I'm not sure how you get one to stay off. The H4s will take them just about any ay and bothe beams will works, however t get them to work right and have the bright light indicator on when the bright beam is on took some fiddling.
If you colors are the same as mine, I ended up with the red (Ground) on the left looking from the rear, the green on top center, and the blue on the right. Good luck.
Bare

2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

NJ Riff Raff

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 02:03:22 pm
I just wanted to update this thread with my solution. The reason that the high beam wouldn't work on my h4467 replacement bulb is that the high beam filament was broken. Kind of sucks but it's too late to return it. I went with another bulb and can report here that it fits really well with only a slight modification of trimming the little tab on the back. Very simple. The model is Candlepower H402212. The nice thing on this is you can replace the bulb as with the wagner sealed beam it's junk once something goes wrong with the bulb. The Candlepower comes with a slightly brighter bulb. Wire placement is exactly the same between both.
2008 Royal Enfield Military Iron Barrel

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 02:31:58 pm
Sealed beam headlights are ok but halogen bulbs are much brighter.  As long as it works and you're happy.   :)

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King