Author Topic: Nice Bullet review  (Read 1726 times)

Gypsyjon

• Grease Monkey
  • 201o G5 Deluxe Black & Chrome

Royalista

• phaneropter
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 11:48:28 pm
Hm, I'd give it a 7.
Felt like he isn't used to Bullets, or had one unlike ours? Anyhow there were some issues:

He reported a lack of power between 1000 and 1500 rpm causing engine to flame out. I can ride out from stop without having to rev; idle is strong enough to get started and even ride figures. In fact any bike can do that.

He complained of uncomfortable vibration above 4000 rpm and headwobble at 130 kph. That's not regular and should be looked into and fixed.

Beyond that: he rode a nice bike and got good pictures made. Such a well documented review is rare, kudos.
moriunt omnes pauci vivunt

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:28:28 am

He complained of uncomfortable vibration above 4000 rpm and headwobble at 130 kph. That's not regular and should be looked into and fixed.

haha, What does he expect at the max speed for a UCE? He's not going to have 5 star treatment by taking a Bullet to its extreme point of operation.  :-\
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

Royalista

• phaneropter
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 08:20:23 pm
haha, What does he expect at the max speed for a UCE? He's not going to have 5 star treatment by taking a Bullet to its extreme point of operation.  :-\

Aye, spoiled by japanese cushions I suppose; but... he's been touched by the Light.  :D
moriunt omnes pauci vivunt

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 02:24:57 am
just when you don't think he gets it, he do!
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 02:47:03 pm
Indian market Twinspark, no o2 sensor. I would guess the mapping still isn't what we enjoy in the U.S. so i am not surprised about his comments. Overall a decent write up though.
Roverman.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 06:54:04 pm
My response to is article.
I owned an enfield G5 for two years and 17000 miles. One of my all time favorite bikes and that includes 50 bikes since 1960 ranging from Rickman Hodakas to Honda 929s. I converted into a cafe racer stye bike.
As for Nachi’s complaints, to get ride of some of the vibration ranges gear up the primary one tooth. That’ll raise the cruising speed to 65-70 mph and be quite comfortable. The harsh forks are easily taken care of by getting the sludge that comes in them out and putting some real 10W fork oil in them. Smooths things up nicely A pair of Hagar shocks completes the ride improvement. Dunlop K70s are the tires to use for great handling. Even better are Pirelli MT66s. The rusting problem is taken care of with a little spritz of ACL50. the bike has wire wheels. That’s a pretty good bet that it has tubes in it. I’d be a lot more surprised if it had tubeless tires. There are very few tubeless tired wire wheels out there.
And for you naysayers that have never tried one. Don’t knock it until you try it. They are fantastic bikes. I rode mine essentially daily in all kinds of situations. The bike is made for the mountain twisties,but works well on the freeways and city traffic, too. They’re great everywhere. Mine was extremely comfortable and saw me through many 300+ mile days. And averaged 70MPG US doing it. Great bike!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com