Author Topic: photos  (Read 9224 times)

deejay

on: July 06, 2007, 01:01:01 am
I think you guys should remove the "pending approval" on photos that members upload.

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 05:47:22 am
Hi Deejay,

:o Those photos are great!! Thanks for uploading them for us all to enjoy.

You're suggestion is a good one, especially if it will make it easier for you to keep those great pics coming!

I'll see what I can do to start auto-approving gallery uploads. We probably set it up that way because we weren't sure if we'd see alot of abuse (this community forum is kind of a new adventure for us) but it might be a better  just to keep a close eye on things.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 05:53:06 am by CMW-Rhett »
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

kmx888

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 02:55:54 pm
I wonder if the pictures should be separated into a couple of galleries.

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 03:10:19 pm
I was just thinking about that myself. I thought it would be nice to have a gallery for photos from our events and shows.

Any other gallery theme ideas?

deejay

Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 04:25:53 pm
modifications

rides

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 07:33:47 pm
kmx, deejay -

Thanks for the feedback. We have an upgrade to our gallery on the way this week that should improve the approval process and add some features.  We'll also be adding some new themed galleries.

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 12:59:06 pm
Is there any way you could resize the photos so that they fit the screen?  Most are too big to view without scrolling.  Folks could resize before sending but it still wouldn't be standardized.

Leonard

2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

rpnix

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 01:30:34 pm
Actually, on my computer, I wouldn't mind seeing the pictures a bit larger...

It's all in the equipment you're using; Move into the '80s and get a new computer with better resolution, and a fast internet connection, and you won't have nearly the objection to the size of the pictures. You can't please everyone; some people will have to scroll, and others will have to squint.  :o
--
Bob Nix -- '06 Ural Tourist, '07 Royal Enfield Electra
Bob Nix -- '06 Ural Tourist, '07 Royal Enfield Electra  <-- Click on the bike to see photos!

deejay

Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 09:40:41 pm
I'm using a lcd cinema display and have it set to 1680 x 1050.... pics look good to me, (some look too small), no scrolling though.

Up your screen resolution if your having issues.

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 08:46:37 am
I have compassion for both camps, because I live in both worlds.

On my laptop I have small (15.4in) wide screen that limits me to 1280 x 800. When I'm at my desk, I have the luxury of spreading out across two displays, the larger of which is very large indeed (30 inch 2560 x1600 Cinema HD).

The gallery is currently set to size uploaded images down to about 800 x 600.  This gives pretty good detail for most users, and doesn't scroll off all edges of the screen for users with laptops and older CRT monitors.

There are few images that snuck in at a larger size before the resize function went in.  I'll size those down manually when I get my hands on them.

Maybe in the future we'll be able to set the image display size as a user preference so that we can keep everyone happy.

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 10:08:00 pm
I was wondering how long it takes to get your uploaded pictures "approved" I am new to computers, so I thought maybe I goofed somehow. My pictures are there but not approved and will not enlarge on my post likes other peoples. Did I goof?, or do I have to wait for approval in a few days? Just wondering.   Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 03:22:34 pm
Hi Hutch,

Welcome to the forum.

Normally, we approve photo uploads several times per day... but I was running a bit behind yesterday. I approved them this morning. We're also looking at ways to streamline this process even further, so we may have instant approval in the future!

Thanks for uploading!

DaveG297

• Bulleteer
Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 09:15:19 pm
Speaking of pictures Hutch, I sent you a hill clilmb one and don't know if you got it.   Wonder if a bullet could get up that hill.   daveg

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 10:35:41 pm
Speaking of pictures Hutch, I sent you a hill clilmb one and don't know if you got it.   Wonder if a bullet could get up that hill.   daveg
Dave, no I sure didn't get the picture. I also found out a week late the hill climbs were over. Dang, now I have to wait for 2 years for my son to see what a real hill looks like. The other hill climbs I have seen on tv are a joke compared to Mt. Garfield. I don't think I would even think of trying a Bullet up that hill without a cam with a lot of rpms and ten crucifixes around my neck.    Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.