Author Topic: Badger guys on Cafe Racer  (Read 4249 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 02:36:06 pm
We are feeling pretty confident right now that the new Ace GP Head with provision for .600" valve lift is going to make a pretty big impact on pushrod 500 racing this year.
We suspect that it might reach that 135 mph speed in the right bike.
This is our first real all-out racing effort with a Bullet head.

We must remember that the original Badger with the 500+.080" overbore Fireball engine was a street rod bike that was made to ride to the track and race, and then ride home. This was the intent.
The intent was not an all-out track build. It was to be a modern "Clubman" like they used to ride to the racetracks on week-ends in the old days, remove the headlight and put on number plates and race, and then ride home afterwards on the same bike.
And it was a success at that, even if it didn't win at the track, and even if it had a few teething pains on its maiden voyage at Mid-Ohio. It was a brand new build with some experimental things that didn't have time to be sorted out on track days, and we were all new at this race track thing with a Bullet, and it still turned out okay and succeeded at the actual goal.
I have no regrets about it. I think we could have done better, in hindsight. But it is in the books now, and I think it was essentially a success at what was intended.
Kudos to the whole Badger team and staff for making it happen.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:57:15 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !