Author Topic: Awesome pics at the jersey shore  (Read 5755 times)

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
on: December 05, 2013, 10:03:19 pm
i got a set of agv willow leather pants and went down to the end of a neighborhood in my town.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 01:23:29 am
Nice!  Looks like you lowered your seat down a little bit.  Looks good.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 01:35:55 am
That's a nice machine you have there...weather was conducive for a ocean ride...looked like a good day for you.
Oh Magoo you done it again

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 01:39:38 am
The would be awesome except that it is Jersey.  ;D
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 02:37:28 am
HAHA. Jersey is great.  I live near the pine barrens, so my rides consist of long woodsy roads and cranberry bogs.  But, if i so choose i can take a scenic ocean ride through Seaside Heights all the way up the island!

Yes, i did lower the seat.  I kind of wish i left it a tad higher though im 6'2''.

I just got the performance TCI and it made the bike a bit more responsive.  I had to WOT out of a shitty situation with two cars almost hitting me and i really felt the difference there. 
Its a totally different bike then when i first bought it.  no baffle no pav.  TM-32 and performance TCI.  I am going to get the 19t sprocket soonish.  I cant wait till she blows and i replace it with a 535!

Also i want to get a velocity stack and take the muffler off.  Your thoughts?

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 03:12:19 am

Also i want to get a velocity stack and take the muffler off.  Your thoughts?

If you run without a muffler we can't be friends.  JK.  Kind of.    :-\

If you want a loud exhaust get an aftermarket EMGO muffler, or something similar, and just run it without a baffle.  Running a bike with just a pipe and no muffler is actually bad for the motor.  It takes away all of the exhaust scavenging and causes the bike to run like crap and eventually burn out your valves.  There is absolutely NO benefit to running without a muffler on a basically stock motor, only harm to your motor and ears.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 05:46:35 am
well i thought it would be fine after i re jet.  Im no engine builder just starting out haha.  but ill take your word for it, i do find those emgo cocktail shakers pretty fine.

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 05:47:21 am
i wish i had a woodsman header! i would buy it off of someone on here if they had it.

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 06:44:34 am
Like Scottie said, your motor will be happier with a little back pressure.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 06:28:50 pm
Very nice bike! Wish I still had mine!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

motoguzzibill

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 07:22:09 pm
I'll trade you riding weather. -14F at my house this morning, drove through a spot that was -25F. Predicted to be colder tomorrow morning. I've got a new TM-32 and jetting to put on my 08'Electra, but I may chicken out on doing some shop time. On the positive side the weather tends to keep the rif-raf out of Montana. Please send more pictures of fair weather!
Bill N.

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 08:49:55 pm
Sounds like the south jersey winter is ten time more bearable.   changing the mikarb to the TM32 was easier than the college girls around here lol.  It took about half an hour.  idk if youll have to jet differently because of altitude, but if you search around the forum i have posted my jetting specs in a couple places.  I think my bike is perfectly jetted, no backfires no bogging down.  my electra runs like a top. 

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 04:41:34 pm
South Jersey is actually kinda nice...Pretty much flat but the area is conducive to some open bike riding on the back roads towards Cape May county, etc...It's like night and day between North and South...You just have to be on the lookout for the Jersey Devil at night in the Pine Barrens..

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 09:10:46 pm
I love the area,  im actually 20 minutes away from the MTV famous seaside boardwalk.  I've never been to a club, though.  I got into the woods with my truck on occasion its really spooky at night time, no jersey devil sightings yet though.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 09:30:01 pm
Oh Tom Rivers and Lakehurst (Hindenburg Zep) area...That was something else that fire that wiped out the boardwalk at seaside heights....You're just far away from the summer tourist out on that side of the causeway....The devil isn't in a hurry. He's just waiting for the right moment....