Author Topic: Long Beach IMS  (Read 952 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
on: December 07, 2013, 06:44:40 pm
I went to the IMS show last night as it was supposed to be raining today (it is) and really enjoyed it. Not as crowded as the Saturday and Sundays. Kevin Mahoney was there, so I finally got to meet him and we had a good long chat. Nice guy, I enjoyed our time together.
The Continental GTs were looking good, as were the rest of the Enfields. I forgot to ask him when the dealers were going to get them, though.
There were several Bolts there in a variety of guises. Apparently, Yamaha is putting out a lot of custom accessories. They are nice looking bikes, if you're into cruiser looking V-Twins. The new triple looked really nice.
Suzuki has a new 250 repliracer coming out. Looks nice.
And I met a guy, Todd Eaton, from Guzzi Tech, who sells a lot Guzzi accessories and does tunes ups and stuff. I've bought bits and pieces from him, but never have met him. He also does a lot of magazine work. We had a nice chat, too.
It was a good night!
I took some pictures but most of them definitely weren't meant for publication. I guess I'm not as steady as I used to be. Shoulda turned on the flash.
I didn't see any Hardley water buffaloes. I thought they would be there. I didn't ask, so maybe I just missed them.   
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 12:40:46 am
I went to the IMS in Dallas recently.  Lots of people.  RE of Ft Worth was there with one of the new Continental GT's and plenty of the other RE models, lots of folks were interested in the Enfield bikes.  I overheard some old guys telling wild stories about the RE bikes, I just let em talk.  There was no B5 there.  Saw a green G5 in the parking lot.  While in Dallas, I dropped by RPM Cycle, they are a Triumph & Guzzi dealer.  Never seen so many Triumphs and Guzzi's at one time.  The MG V7 looks good, fits me pretty well, the thing I like best is the shaft drive.  Man, I wish Kevin would have been there.     
2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:28:14 pm
Here are some pics of Bolts. I guess the name is because Yamaha (Star) is going to make a lot of bolet on stuff for them!
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com