Author Topic: Not a good story  (Read 6250 times)

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 02:01:34 am
I am sorry for your condition,Terry.
My father made a full recovery from just such a stroke.
It is done and folks who never saw it coming must deal with it as best they can.
A positive and determined attitude will do as much good as the medical folks,so hang in there,good luck to you.
Let us know how you are getting along,okay?

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 03:37:47 pm
I am now in a therapy center working with speech and physical therapists.  They have different rules here, all the nurses are different.  Will be getting lots more therapy.  My mind is a little fuzzy hope I am not repeating myself.

Thanks for the encouraging replies.

Later,

Terry 

2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 03:53:14 pm
Hey, you're making sense, communicating by typing on a keyboard and operating a computer!  Looks like a good prognosis, right?
Keep the forum in the loop.  If nothing else, we can help entertain you while your being rehabilitated.  ;)
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 05:03:20 pm
Glad to hear you are progressing..

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 02:51:24 am
Your story generally can't be to good when you end up in the hospital. But I do see a few positive things from your story. Thank god this was a mild stroke and you were able to get immediate treatment. Hopefully the doctors can pinpoint the reason for the stroke's occurrence and put you on the path for a full recover and a long healthy life.

Terry, my prayer for you is a full and speedy recovery.

Hang in there brother.

Brad

I agree with you Brad.  Some people die from a stroke immediately or never fully recover.  In my case the doctors tell me there is a very good chance of a full recovery.  It just takes a little time.

Terry   
2010  C5  Teal
2015 Scrambler Ducati

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 03:10:21 am
The new therapy center is a really good one 3 hours physical and speech therapy per day 7 days a week.

Short story of the day:
The nurses won't let me stand without their assistance, period.  ( I can't stand anyway, much less walk)

I call the nurse on the intercom and tell them I need to pee.  Two young nurses show up.  She hands me the urinal, I tell her I can't pee laying down.  Okay, they get me up and I stand between them, shoulder to shoulder holding my dick in one hand urinal in the other and finally pee.  The nurses are talking to each other about the snow storm outside all the while.  I'm callin this a 3 way ;) ;).  It's just not what I dreamed it would be like.

I've got the sweetest wife ever, she has been spending nights with me on a small cot,  I told her this morning, she needs to go home, rest up, she can only come back for short visits.

Later,

Terry
2010  C5  Teal
2015 Scrambler Ducati

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 02:21:46 pm
Hey Terry-

I am very sorry to hear about your stroke, but after your latest post, I must admit that I'm no longer worried about your handling it!  ;D

Hopefully you have the resources for your recovery!  Our best to you...

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: December 07, 2013, 02:27:10 pm
Family support is one of the most important things you can have (IMO) when you are layed up like this.  Your wife is there because she clearly loves you and wants to be there for you.  But on the other hand, it is good for her to get out of there from time to time to clear her head and as you said so she can rest up.  My step-son Branden was in a very severe bicycle/car accident last year and nearly lost his life.  We spent a total of 3 months in Children's Hospital of Aurora and it was quite exhausting.  After a week or two my wife and I finally came to the conclusion that we would take turns staying at the hospital with our son while the other would go home and rest and take care of the pets.  It definitely helped out everyone including Branden.  The wife and I didn't get burnt out from being at the hospital every, no one got sick of each other from being in the same room all day every day together, and Branden still always had family support every day.

Perhaps something like this can help relieve some of yours' and your wife's stress.  Regardless, the important part is to stay positive and keep your head up.  Even the tiniest amount of progress is still some progress.  Oh, and nice job on the 3-way!    ;)

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 04:50:29 pm
I am getting stronger every day.  Can now swallow some things like apple sauce, yogurt, pudding.  I walk with a cane (slowly) hoping to go home next week.  I will continue therapy as an outpatient.  Maybe this will be a good story after all.

Best Wishes,

Terry
2010  C5  Teal
2015 Scrambler Ducati

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 06:57:59 pm
The human body is an incredible machine - You need good mechanics to keep things working the way they should, but the self repairing going on internally is nothing short of amazing. 

Keep at it Terry.  You're gonna get there.

Boggy
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 12:14:48 am
This is very encouraging,I am sure.Keep on this track,wish you all the best.

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 03:44:47 am
I was released from the hospital today.  I can swallow soft food, yogurt, mashed potatoes, pudding.  Walking is better now, I do best without a cane, it is just gonna take a while.  Sure is nice to be at home with my dogs and Velocity TV.

Later,

Terry 
2010  C5  Teal
2015 Scrambler Ducati

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: December 19, 2013, 03:57:44 am
That is so good to hear Terry!  Glad you are getting back on your feet.  I didn't intend a pun there, quite literally, glad your back on your feet and walking about.  :)   Keep at it and you'll be back to your ol' self in no time.  :)

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Land O Aches

• Scooter
Reply #28 on: December 19, 2013, 04:36:17 am
Terry - you've got everything you need to succeed. Good team around you, good attitude on your part. Those nurses will make you walk 'til you wish you'd never learned, but it's the best thing to do. Got a picture of your RE handy?

Lando
"Think you'll ever amount to much?"

- my co-worker Rick

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #29 on: December 19, 2013, 03:07:25 pm
Kinda late chimin' in here, but WOW! Sounds like you're doing great!
But ditch any ideas of another 3-some. RE's are better than sex any day.
Or not.  ;)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.