Author Topic: Moto build film  (Read 2828 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
on: December 14, 2013, 05:40:09 pm
In "Cafe Racer Season 4 - ep 4" (see the Campfire Talk thread), there's a KTM rebuild which has elicited some strong response from Scottie, and probably others are thinking what he's saying.

I'd like to draw your attention to another video made by the college-age son of a very good friend of mine.  The video features a steampunk-style rebuild of an old BMW airhead by an acquaintance of mine, the result of which would probably elicit similar reactions in some of you.

But the video isn't really about the bike at all - it's more about the creative process and a remarkable guy whom I'm sure many of you here will be able to relate to.  If you'd like to spend 15 minutes watching a really well-made video by very talented young friend, it's worthwhile:

http://vimeo.com/49920522

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 06:50:51 pm
Taking a well engineered functional motorcycle and in the name of art creating something like this is beyond me. I am more impressed with builders who take a concept and make it functionally better. Very professional video production though. Now that is art!
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 07:04:37 pm
Great vid , I wish I had the same skills.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 07:08:31 pm
I may have said it before here, but it bears repeating:

My father always said, there's only two kinds of music in this world... good music and bad music.  His point was, if you like it, it's good to you, and that's what counts.

Personally, I'm not too fond of the bike.  But I sure respect the builder and his ideals...

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 08:26:06 pm
Crazy, He's like a Paul Teuttle of the future!!! "This week we build a theme bike for Waste Management"
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 10:08:29 pm
Crazy, He's like a Paul Teuttle of the future!!!

Googling...

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 10:10:28 pm
Ahh... that Paul Teuttle.

Cyrus, I'd have to say that from what I've seen, I don't think he's anything like Paul Teuttle...  ;)

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 11:20:36 pm
Frankly Paul and his kid just hire guys to design and build the bikes, although he sure made a lot of money over the years. Smart business man.   ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 12:20:45 am
Ahh... that Paul Teuttle.

Cyrus, I'd have to say that from what I've seen, I don't think he's anything like Paul Teuttle...  ;)
It's the style, ya 'know, just screwing all sorts of things on that relate to the "Theme". That process does exist in nature however. There is a certain crab that applies all sorts of debris to it's shell, obviously hoping for a reality show of it's own... ;D
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 01:12:39 am
Yeah, I figured that's what you meant.

Mmmm, crab...

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 01:43:29 am
It's nuts, but I can appreciate the amount of work in that piece.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 01:54:08 pm

My father always said, there's only two kinds of music in this world... good music and bad music.  His point was, if you like it, it's good to you, and that's what counts.

I enjoyed the video.  Different, but it is good music for the builder ,and that's what counts as well ..... I get a seance that he is not building it for us, but he has some idea's in his head that he wants to work out. Pretty Cool...
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 02:30:26 am
A most beautiful mess from a beautiful mind!
Thanks for sharing, mattsz!
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.