Author Topic: Inside the headlight nacelle?  (Read 1215 times)

NorEaster

• Grease Monkey
on: December 03, 2013, 03:04:20 am
Could someone give me an idea of what it might look like inside the headlight nacelle?
I ask because one of my pilot lights went south. I figured the bulb was blown. I carefully removed the chrome rim and lens and worked the bulb out. Along with the bulb came a spring and a plastic cup. Looks like one of the wires is disconnected off the back of the fixture. There is no slack in the wires to allow me to look at it better or work on it.
I'm thinking I need to remove the headlight and then disconnect the pilot light wires so that I may remove the fixture to get a better look and see if I can fix or replace it.
If anyone has any pics it would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 04:19:56 am
It's a rat's nest of wires in there.  But just remove the three screws holding the inner headlight ring and you can take the whole thing.  Disconnect the headlight wires (mark which go where) and you'll be able to easily see everything.

Scott

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 12:08:23 pm
On my B5 the top screw only needs to be loosened since it holds the clamp that retains the ring. I you remove it the clamp will drop into the rats nest. By the way, my 2013 model is very tidy in there. Hope this helps.
Roverman.