Author Topic: Damn Kids Anyways! *Plus Pecan Pie Muffin Recipe*  (Read 2558 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
on: November 29, 2013, 01:51:17 pm
What the hell is the deal with teenagers that they just have NO respect for the food in the house?!  This happens every time there is some kind of "snack" or "sweets" in the house.  We can have a kitchen full of fruit and all kinds of healthy food, but my freaking teenager will eat EVERYTHING in the kitchen/pantry that has sugar or chocolate in it.  This morning I wake up, trying to get my ass ready for my job that I don't want to go to today because no one else will be there, and I think to myself "You know what would be really good with my cup of coffee is one of those pecan pie muffins the wife made yesterday".  Go to the counter only to find an empty ziploc bag and NO muffins left!  Not ONE!  So as I was saying, Damn Kids Anyways!!!    >:(   Geesh this shit gets old.

Scottie
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 01:37:07 am by Scottie J »
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 02:57:44 pm
Wondering whether anybody else here will express surprise at your teen's behavior regarding food - I don't even have any kids, and I'm not surprised!

Help yourself to some fruit, Scottie!    ;D

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 03:36:42 pm
I'm not surprised by this.  My point is that I don't eat a lot of sweets or junk food, but when I do get a hankering for sugar all the sweets in the house have already been decimated.  And if you've ever had a pecan pie muffin you'd understand why I'm so bummed.

Scottie

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 04:05:15 pm
Ask your wife to make a small batch and then eat all of them in front of the Kids... 8)
Oh Magoo you done it again

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 05:00:28 pm
Get used to it.  ERC   :'(
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 05:06:45 pm
Do what I did.  Adopt a girl from China who likes fruit, veggies, and doesn't like sugary things.  Then leave the old one by the side of the road somewhere (which I didn't do 'cause I didn't have one).  I believe Nebraska has a law that the state has to keep dumped kids.  ;)
Added bonus: The new one will probably be more motivated to do well in school and make a career too.  Then she'll start buying you new TVs and stuff!  8)
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 07:11:47 pm
My advice is you'll blink twice and they'll be gone so enjoy them as much as you can while you still have them around. Muffins are small shit in the big picture
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

jwnwyoming

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 12:36:19 am
My daughters favorite thing was to jump in the shower before me and use all the hot water. I got cold showers. I lived through it.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 12:40:19 am
Those pecan pie muffins must be some good!!

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 01:28:45 am
See,this is another use for the garage.Stash away the treats.Hell with the inconsiderate little bastards.I use a refrigerater as the mice are worse than the kids.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 01:36:15 am
LOL To all of the above.   ;D

He is a great kid, in fact he's in all honors classes and averages between a 4.3-4.5 GPA.  So I can't really complain, other than the kid has an appetite like no other.  All he does is eat, and he weighs 105 pounds.  :)  Oh well, I just had to vent, those muffins are amazing.  So much in fact that I'm going to share the recipe with you.  Super easy to make and delicious!   :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/pecan-pie-muffins-recipe/index.html

Scottie

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 03:15:47 am
Oh yeah - flour, sugar, butter, eggs, pecans.   8)

No wonder she's been dieting...

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 03:54:17 am
   Too funny ..... it's the young taste buds that love the sweets. Try having THREE boy teens at one time ! Two of which play Varsity Football and are twice my size.... for some odd reason ?.... Must be the steroids in the milk ? Anyways.... I have to hide food!  I'm going broke......
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 10:08:21 am
So Scottie.... How do you like them apples  :)
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.