Author Topic: Skip from Greens campground  (Read 1154 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
on: November 22, 2013, 04:53:06 pm
I got a nice note from Skip the former owner of Greens campground in Steeleville MO, the home of the original Royal Enfield family reunion. He was thinking of us and reached out. It was great to hear from him. Those of you who attended the rally know that he was at least half the fun. Here is his note

Lol. You know I've been struggling with my health. Nothing an ole marine can't correct.

A few days ago I rode my Guzzi for the first time in over a year and during that ride all the fond memories of October flooded my mind. I had to look your web site up and check you out. 

I sold Greens as you know.  I'm living in a little town called Irondale, Mo.  I came here to care for my mother. She died last Feb. from simple cell cancer threw out her body. I inherited her farm and home here in Irondale. Luckily at the time she got sick I had not departed from Missouri for the big state of Texas. I was offered a job in Corpus Christi Tx. and was just days from departing. Not my ideal choice, it is what it is.

I'm on the mend now and intend to get back on the Guzzi and do some traveling come spring. You know I promised the little guy you brought down here I would make it up your way. I Intend to keep that promise
Got to go for now as its pass my bed time.
Your loyal friend
Skip

Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 06:04:11 am
hey Kevin,
    thanks for the update on Skip; glad he's still in game. You might
share with him that a group of us resurrected the rally this past Sept.
calling it "The Rally On the River In Exile." Slam was the one that gave it the name. He was involved in the planning but could not make it this year.
      It was CJ, BoB Bezin, Dustin and Toby from Nebraska, Badass Leonard and Chris Edwards from Kansas and myself,
the Ole Enfield Hill Gang...
   We met in Rapid City S.D. for a lot of laughs and some good riding.  We had a great time swapping lies and renewing friendships. I think we were amazed that we could come from 5 different states to pull this thing off.
   We are already planning 2014 on the western slope of Colorado; Maybe
Slam and Greg will make it.....
    any ways; let Skip know we're still hav'in the Rally On the River
              Mike Baird
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 11:14:08 am
My favorite pic of the man in his element.
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"