Author Topic: 2005 Bullet K&N Air filter  (Read 1853 times)

MARKO65

• Scooter
on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:45 am
what are my options for removing the chrome air-filter box on my 2005 Bullet and installing an K&N Air-filter, links to some options would be great guys. Thanks in advance.

Marko

MARKO65

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 04:56:18 pm
I guess no one reads these posts...

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 05:24:09 pm
I don't know any post numbers off the top of my head but NField Gear and Hitchcocks both sell the K&N Filters.  Make sure you buy a couple extra larger main jets when switching to the K&N filter, as it I'd a freer flowing filter and cause the bike to run leaner.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 05:43:53 pm
You placed your topic in the AVL category, and your Bullet is an Iron Barrel type.
So, that might have something to do with why nobody here in this category answered.

Anyway, the K&N works okay on the Iron Barrel, but it causes the intake manifold rubber hose between the carb and engine to fail early, due to no support on the flying end of the carb. Also, throttle response suffers because of insufficient internal volume inside the filter mesh barrier. And there is significant air intake noise because there is no noise barrier present in that pod type of filter.

I think if you re-post this topic in the Bullet Classic Models section, many people will mention the type of filter product which solves these issues and works very well.

Home of the Fireball 535 !