Author Topic: New Member with 2002 Bullet in AZ  (Read 2039 times)

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
on: December 08, 2013, 04:52:33 am
So, I've been exercising the 'Search' function shamelessly over the last three months.  Tons of great stuff, info, and personalities.  I look forward to being part of the community.

About me, I live in Tucson, AZ (so any local Bullet Brothers want to get together for a ride, cigar, and a beer send me a message) and became a Royal Enfield owner just a couple of months ago.
I researched it, saved, researched some more.  The truth is, I was simply going to get another motorcycle, but once a friend of mine had turned me on to these works of art I could not pass up on the character of these little bikes.  I bought the bike from a classic motorcycle guy in Phoenix who, unknown to me at the time, is a personal acquaintance of K. Mahoney.  So the bike was well taken car of and in like new condition.

About the bike, it's a 2002 500ES, with the four speed.  She is stock, mechanically speaking, just some cosmetics like the saddle and turn signals that the PO did and the saddlebags that I added on.  I made a little video to bring to show and tell here on the forum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSg09aUakX0

I look forward to participating in the threads, seeking guidance when necessary and hopefully being a help otherwise.
 8)
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

My MotoVlog Channel:  http://tinyurl.com/nnso3av

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 01:28:20 pm
The bike is in very nice condition by the look on the video. How many miles on it?  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 01:32:03 pm
Welcome aboard,to the "Untainted by technology" group.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 07:00:33 pm
Yeah,welcome to the land that time forgot.
Great looking and running bike.
Thank you for the ride.Beautiful area.Palm trees,cactus,sunlight.No !$#%^& grass.

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 01:15:09 am
ERC - She has about 2800 miles on her.  PO had to switch out the speedo so it only reads 800 right now.

cyrusb - Untainted by technology- sounds like some places I've worked - 'Decades of tradition unhampered by progress.'  Actually, I think of the REs as more of a two wheeled time machine :-)  They remind me allot of the old school VWs, you don't own one without expecting to tinker and fix things.

single - Thanks, glad you liked the vid! Lots of great things about the desert, for instance riding your RE in December when its sunny, dry, and 55F B-)  Check back in July and August though...

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 11:07:17 pm
Azcatfan, That was RE's actual tag line in the 2005 era. The other one was "Identity Theft Not a Problem". After I bought mine I came up with the one they missed,...."Put A Bullet Between your Legs"
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 05:55:47 am
More "Thump", less music!
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 03:51:40 pm
More "Thump", less music!

Next vid, I promise  ;D

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 07:43:16 pm
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH