Author Topic: ACE Is Assisting With Bulldog Customs Twin - PROJECT ABORTED  (Read 69011 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #195 on: November 02, 2014, 02:53:21 pm
The economy is in hard times.
Things will get better. Ya just gotta tough it out and position yourself for when it does. Some sectors are doing okay already. Others, not too well.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #196 on: November 02, 2014, 05:22:26 pm
Just don't sell anything you've got as Ace says it'll get better.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #197 on: November 02, 2014, 10:02:15 pm
Yeah, I hear you Roger.  It is tempting to sell the bike, but I think I would be even more depressed if I didn't have a bike to ride.  Life just hasn't been the same since my step son was in his accident.  And now he's in his senior year and my wife wants to move to where ever he ends up going to college.  Life is a mess right now, but I'm not ready to part with my bikes.  I've been thru tougher times in life, I'll be fine.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

gunnerasch

• Scooter
Reply #198 on: November 03, 2014, 08:54:33 am
The economy is going to tank again before long..probably in the spring. So save your bucks, buy food, fuel and put what  you can under your mattress because its not over yet and is unlikely to be for years.  My 61 Indian is in parts all neatly labled and in boxes because I cant afford to put her back together again and finish the bob job so its road legal. But I will as time and cash permits. May be years..but..shrug..I wont be selling the bike anytime soon. No need to.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #199 on: November 03, 2014, 03:51:02 pm
I've not heard of parents moving to be closer to their child who will be attending college/university .That separation is usually part of  the young adults maturation process .Then again this process takes time and your wife may have a point.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWoTrhDsyc ..

Sorry about his accident, R U expecting his full recovery and back as close to  normal soon?  ..Let's hope the economy stays intact..The Fed supposedly will no longer be printing funny money and throwing it into the economy this quarter, so we might see real economic indicators this Spring. Interest rates will continue to stay low but health care cost will see increases for the majority of paying customers/I recently received my letter with double talk, which is usually the way they go about it saying you're going to be paying more....  You're not  loser and anyone who thinks that way is a ass..Keep the bike unless u have some other hobby to satisfy your sanity..  GM
Oh Magoo you done it again

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #200 on: November 03, 2014, 04:05:30 pm
The accident happened 2 years ago October.  Branden was riding his bike home from school.  When he went to cross the street 1 block from home, a 73 year old man pulled out in his 2007 F250.  Instead of hitting the brakes the old man panicked and floored the gas pedal, dragging Branden for 300 feet before jumping the curb in oncoming traffic, struck a light pole flipping his truck.  We sent s total of 3.5 months at Children's Hospital, the first 10 days were spent in ICU.  Branden has had about 8 different surgeries, 2 bowel surgeries, 4 skin graph surgeries, a titanium plate in his left arm, and a nerve graph surgery for his left arm.  The settlement is finalized now, but Branden still has very minimal use of his left arm due to the nerve damage from breaking it.

Needles to say, the wife is overly protective now.

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #201 on: November 03, 2014, 07:06:52 pm
The accident happened 2 years ago October.  Branden was riding his bike home from school.  When he went to cross the street 1 block from home, a 73 year old man pulled out in his 2007 F250.  Instead of hitting the brakes the old man panicked and floored the gas pedal, dragging Branden for 300 feet before jumping the curb in oncoming traffic, struck a light pole flipping his truck.  We sent s total of 3.5 months at Children's Hospital, the first 10 days were spent in ICU.  Branden has had about 8 different surgeries, 2 bowel surgeries, 4 skin graph surgeries, a titanium plate in his left arm, and a nerve graph surgery for his left arm.  The settlement is finalized now, but Branden still has very minimal use of his left arm due to the nerve damage from breaking it.

Needles to say, the wife is overly protective now.
   Wow I can see why.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #202 on: November 03, 2014, 07:09:06 pm
My god he is fortunate to have survived that. When I was 14 there was a kid in my karate class who was hit on his bike while doing his paper route. Some old lady hit him and drug him down the street under her car. This lady was so incoherent because of her age that she did not realize that she had hit someone until another motorist ran her down and stopped her. There should be an age where everyone has to prove they are able to properly operate a vehicle. That poor kid never had a chance to live out his life. What a waste!
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #203 on: November 03, 2014, 08:10:53 pm
Agreed.  Tho the man didn't get much more than a traffic ticket, the court did rule he was no longer legal to drive.  So that's good I guess.  Branden is a trooper to say the least.  Even tho he missed most of his sophomore year, he was able to keep up with his school work. To this day he has still made honors every single semester.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #204 on: November 03, 2014, 09:26:42 pm
Unbelievable..It crazy what goes on everyday..Glad to c u/wife and Brandon pulled through and are moving on in a positive direction..Keep the Bike or sell it and try something else...

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #205 on: November 03, 2014, 09:50:35 pm
Agreed.  Tho the man didn't get much more than a traffic ticket, the court did rule he was no longer legal to drive.  So that's good I guess.  Branden is a trooper to say the least.  Even tho he missed most of his sophomore year, he was able to keep up with his school work. To this day he has still made honors every single semester.

It is a little shit how they get such little punishment, my friend was basically pitted by a lady fumbeling for something in the back, everyone thought he was dead and the guys riding with him were about to beat the shit out of her, he came too, been year and a half and he still cant ride or work.
She got a $200 fine for 'failure to indicate'
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #206 on: November 04, 2014, 03:05:06 pm
You should still be able to sue in civil court for pain/suffering and damages..You may be able to collect with a judgement or the offending person may have a umbrella policy..These are examples where a lawyer isn't a bad thing. Why should the person hurt not have a avenue for financial retort...If it's a clear cut case,  the Insurance company representing the offending party will settle or play it out over a few years till it comes court time and then make present a settlement.. Now days you can  start collecting with a structured settlement company that plays the odds you're going to win...Why pay financially for the negligence of others if u don't have too. GM

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #207 on: November 04, 2014, 08:31:00 pm
All that crap is already done with now.  Most of the medical bills were paid and my wife had to sign a contract stating that after this settlement we could no longer pursue the driver for any more damages.  I thought that particular part was a bad idea, but it wasn't my choice to make.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #208 on: November 04, 2014, 10:16:23 pm
Good..Not everyone is able..Some Offenders don't have a pot to piss in and walk away paying little or nothing....GM

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #209 on: November 06, 2014, 01:58:56 pm
Very sorry to learn about this - on all fronts, Scottie. I hope things improve for all of you.
 B.W.