Author Topic: ACE Is Assisting With Bulldog Customs Twin - PROJECT ABORTED  (Read 68924 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Freaking sick!   ;D   ;D   ;D
Yeah, I liked it too.

Next step is fit it into the head, because it requires some relieving of some of the casting inside the rocker box area, before it can get the shaft to go thru.
There will be threaded holes created in the castings above the adjuster nuts, with removable threaded plugs, so that the adjustments can be made from above
Heavy duty steel pushrods will be required, non-adjustable.

This is a 1.5:1 rocker, so it looks like around .522" lift with the Interceptor R cams. That's pushing the lift limit of these valve springs before they hit coil bind .
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:54:11 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Update!

The rockers are being shipped from the rocker company today. Once they arrive, they need to be installed and checked for proper everything, and enough clearance all around inside the castings. Some grinding inside the castings is going to be needed, and we know that.
Assuming no unforeseen complications, completion should be by the end of next week.

Don't buy any carbs yet. The manifolds may not match a TM32. I will measure them next week when I'm there. Remember, we made these stubs for use with the supercharger plenum. We can figure out a carb fitment later.

I am having them work up an invoice for us, and I'll forward you the amount of total damages as soon as I know the amount.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:45:56 pm by ace.cafe »

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Awesome!  I'm excited and scared.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep my soul.  LOL   ;D
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Don't worry.
I expect it will be around the area that we have discussed.
And remember, this is something that nobody else has ever had in the history of the Enfield twin world.
 8)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Don't worry.
I expect it will be around the area that we have discussed.
And remember, this is something that nobody else has ever had in the history of the Enfield twin world.
 8)

I figured as much Tom, no worries.  I'm just really excited that this project is starting to materialize with the completion of these heads and knowing that they are the very first of it's kind.  It also means I need to get my ass in gear and get the Blackhawk on the dyno and get a baseline run down.   ;)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
The new roller rockers have arrived at the shop.
I haven't seen them yet, but the guys at the shop say that they are "sexy as hell!"
They are going to do the final fitting, and add threaded bungs with brass plugs in the head above the adjuster nuts, so it is easy to adjust them.

I'm going over there in the next day or so, and I'll snap some photos.
 8) ;D

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
The interesting parts of this thread draw ever nearer  8) 8)
 B.W.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
The interesting parts of this thread draw ever nearer  8) 8)
 B.W.

You said it...

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Freaking fantastic!  I like "sexy as hell".    8)  XXX   ;D

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Heading over to the shop now.
Will take pics.
 8)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Awesome!  Funny, I was just thinking of when you were going to take pics.   :)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Pics!

These 3 pics are of the custom roller rockers and the custom valve/spring stack. VERRRRY COOL!  8)
BTW, it turned out to be 1.45:1, so the max lift will be .510" with the .352 cams.

Of course, in case anyone didn't already know, this is another "ACE" first and exclusive! Never before in history!
This package should be able to fit all later Royal Enfield twins, such as the Super Meteor, Constellation, and Interceptor 750.
As you can see, there is considerable machine work necessary to get this all together, but if anyone feels capable to do the machine work themselves, we can provide a parts kit of all the custom parts.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:46:22 pm by ace.cafe »

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
These 3 pics are of the mods done to the head casting, which include welding up the area above the rocker adjusters, threading a pipe thread into them, and installing pipe plugs for covers. The rockers can be adjusted from the top thru these adjustment ports. VERY nice work. It looks like they are part of the factory heads!

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Very nice work  8) 8) 8)
 B.W.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Absolutely beautiful!  Wow!  Fantastic work!  Amazing even!  This engine is going to be so bad ass.  I can't wait to get it built and on the track.  I think test and tune at Bandimere goes until the end of October.  Maybe, just maybe, I can get her to run a couple of quarter miles before the snow arrives.   8)

Amazing work as always Tom.  Be sure to tell the boys at Mondello's that the customer is extremely happy and even more excited.   ;D

Scottie J