Author Topic: ACE Is Assisting With Bulldog Customs Twin - PROJECT ABORTED  (Read 68989 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
I would run TM32.
The port is 1.25" (31.75mm)and it flows 160 cfm, and the TM32  will flow more than that, and be responsive. It flows enough to feed a Fireball 535, and you will have one for each cylinder. I am assuming you will run twin carbs.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Yes 2 carbs.  Thanks.   :)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Today, the plastic rapid-prototype rockers for the Chief heads came in to Mondello's from the rocker company.

This is for a try/fit to be sure that everything fits right, and the geometry is good.

Once that is verified, then they will make them in steel.

These will be steel roller rockers with 1.5:1 ratio, which will ride on the standard rocker shafts, and work with our hi-lift valve/spring kit to achieve approximately .520" max lift.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Awesome!  Very exciting!  So they were able to make the rockers a full 1.5:1 ratio?  Last we spoke we were talking 1.45:1 ratio.  Very excited to hear how they fit and work.   ;D

Scottie J

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Awesome!  Very exciting!  So they were able to make the rockers a full 1.5:1 ratio?  Last we spoke we were talking 1.45:1 ratio.  Very excited to hear how they fit and work.   ;D

Scottie J

We're seeing how much we can fit in.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
We're seeing how much we can fit in.

That's what I'm talking about.   :D

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
So, Tom...  Have you come up with a name for the Twin treatment?     :)

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping

British twins headjob? ;)
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead

I have a few ideas for a name.
"Bonneville" heads, based on the LSR goal for the build.
"Rock N Roller" heads, based on the roller rocker set-up.
"Pair of Aces" heads, based on the twin format.
"Ace/Mondello GP" heads, like we call our single versions of this layout.

Anyway, regarding your exhaust system, I did a few calculations, and it looks like you want to have primary pipe lengths of 30" each, measured from the back of the exhaust valve, to the end of the pipe, so you have to add whatever that exhaust port length is to the length of the pipe, and that would be your 30".
And the I.D. of the primary header pipes should be 1.5" because you are supercharging, and that needs extra room in the exhaust. That 1.5" figure is based on 150% volumetric efficiency, which is about what I figure that boost will be giving it. For N/A application the 1.375" I.D. would work fine.

And some other calcs I did on the intake side show it should support up to 8250 rpm with this port size in N/A format, and should be able to do even more with boost, if more is wanted. That's based on the 3.66" stroke crank from the Interceptor, because I think that's what you'll be using, right? If you use the 3.54" stroke, it will support revs even higher than that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:29:05 pm by ace.cafe »

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
I have a few ideas for a name.
"Bonneville" heads, based on the LSR goal for the build.
"Rock N Roller" heads, based on the roller rocker set-up.
"Pair of Aces" heads, based on the twin format.
"Ace/Mondello GP" heads, like we call our single versions of this layout.

Anyway, regarding your exhaust system, I did a few calculations, and it looks like you want to have primary pipe lengths of 30" each, measured from the back of the exhaust valve, to the end of the pipe, so you have to add whatever that exhaust port length is to the length of the pipe, and that would be your 30".
And the I.D. of the primary header pipes should be 1.5" because you are supercharging, and that needs extra room in the exhaust. That 1.5" figure is based on 150% volumetric efficiency, which is about what I figure that boost will be giving it. For N/A application the 1.375" I.D. would work fine.

And some other calcs I did on the intake side show it should support up to 8250 rpm with this port size in N/A format, and should be able to do even more with boost, if more is wanted. That's based on the 3.66" stroke crank from the Interceptor, because I think that's what you'll be using, right? If you use the 3.54" stroke, it will support revs even higher than that.

How about combining #2 and #3 and calling them the Rocking Aces?!  :D

And I'll be using the 90mm/3.54" stroke crank.  Are you telling me I'll be able to hit 9000 RPMs NA?!   :o

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
I'll say that the flow should be able get to 8500+ rpm with the blower

The bottom parts might be some other story
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:16:06 am by ace.cafe »

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
That's where the custom steel H-beam rods and having the crank plasma nitrided comes into play.  Right?!   ;)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
That's where the custom steel H-beam rods and having the crank plasma nitrided comes into play.  Right?!   ;)

It "should".
Whether it actually will has yet to be seen.
If that crank is cast, then getting up to 9000 is about the limits of a cast crank, no matter what you do to it. If it is forged steel, then it could go higher.

The ports can do 8250 in N/A format before getting into choking. With the blower, the temps are higher, and compressibility is involved, so this has the effect of raising the choke limit speed(mach index).

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Took a pic of the rocker proto when I went to mondello's this morning.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Freaking sick!   ;D   ;D   ;D