Author Topic: Thankyou Scottie J  (Read 2602 times)

da punds

• Fireball 25
  • Bulleteer
  • One of Britain's most northerly Bullet fans
on: November 18, 2013, 08:48:33 pm
I have been watching you plan your awesome build, and this got me thinking about the next step with my own build. I followed your links to the fuel injection system and got all excited, and I have taken the plunge and brought one. it arrived this morning. If all goes well I should have it installed this weekend, I will post the results. But a really big thank you for all your research.

Kevin
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:54:09 pm by da punds »
56 Trailblazer Gemini, Super Fireball BigHead, 59 Clipper 570, 39 Model CO + others(BMW, GasGas, Yamaha, Suzuki (rare GSXR-750R)), Mk1a Interceptor project.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 04:47:20 am
Awesome dude!  Very cool!  I super excited to hear how it works out for you.  It seems like it's very simple to install.  Keep us posted!

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:17:43 pm
Cool!  I've put EFI in old Jeeps and installed EFI 4.0s in place of carbed 232 and 258 I-6s. too.  Only requires 3 wires in those cases.  A bike shouldn't be any harder, just less room to hide the 'puter.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 02:30:20 am
Did you ever get a chance to install the EFI kit?  I'm kind of excited to hear about it?    :)

Scottie

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 05:34:07 am
Scottie-   have you looked into the Vellman electronic ignition? It is a low voltage electronic unit that uses your standard points as a low voltage switch
to fire the coil. Timing process stays the same, just better firing. I guess this was what the original electronic ignition units were like. Points last forever...  can be switched back to factory setup in minutes. I always thought I'd go this route but never did.
http://www.amazon.com/Velleman-K2543-Electronic-Transistor-Ignition/dp/B007GP6EQ6

I've got the complete schematics and install instructions if you want
to see what's involved.
             - Mike

'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 01:17:56 pm
What is the name of that unit and what did it cost? The OP should have a result by now, no? Maybe Hal wouldn't open the pod bay door....
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 02:34:45 pm
It's an Ecotron EFI system.  The entire kit is about $700 including the computer, tb, sensors and wire harness.  There's is more details on it if you read my thread in the vintage forum under "Bulldog Customs Turbo Twin Project".

Scottie

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 03:51:12 pm
Wow, went to the website, thats some pretty pricey stuff (and a lot of it).
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 04:31:39 pm
Wow, went to the website, thats some pretty pricey stuff (and a lot of it).

It seems pricey, but when you consider what you are all getting and what you can do with it, it's well worth the money.  Plus on a full out performance application with like I'm building for Bonneville, the programability becomes an essential part of tuning for absolute maximum hp.

Scottie

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 05:28:31 pm
Any updates da punds?

da punds

• Fireball 25
  • Bulleteer
  • One of Britain's most northerly Bullet fans
Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 07:55:09 pm
I wish I could say yes, but other commitments have kept me out of my workshop, I have been renovating an old house, been trying to buy a flat for my son, who is at Uni, and run my business. I have just put it on the back burner for a while, what little time I have had, I have been building a 58 clipper special. 350 crankcases machined to 500, Hitchcocks long stroke crank, one of his new 500 forged pistons (6.5:1), and a Hitchcocks tuned head.
It will be interesting to compare this with my Fireball. I have just ordered a C5 performance ignition and programming kit, if this works out I will fit one to the Fireball, I like the thought of pressing a button and changing the engine map or change the rev limiter while on the road, here is a link for those interested:
 http://www.c5ignitions.com/motorcycle-ignitions.html
56 Trailblazer Gemini, Super Fireball BigHead, 59 Clipper 570, 39 Model CO + others(BMW, GasGas, Yamaha, Suzuki (rare GSXR-750R)), Mk1a Interceptor project.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 08:00:47 pm
Very similar to the Power Arc ignition system.
Home of the Fireball 535 !