Author Topic: who are the engine rebuilders?  (Read 2171 times)

woodsman

• Scooter
on: December 16, 2013, 12:42:52 am
Looking for knowledgeable engine rebuilder for the Indian 700 twin.  I am going for better than stock. list of upgrades would include lighter forged pistons, ported heads, improved valvetrain and anything the builder recommends for a bulletproof "pun intended" motor. can ship but only in USA. intended riding is fire roads, improved trails, and urban jungle. i am really inspired by the 
Interceptor "S" Sports

"For the Sportsman who wants High Performance and Beauty. A sleek, fast competition model in Highway Trim. The Highly Developed Interceptor 52HP engine has Lightweight high compression Pistons, K2F Magneto, two racing camshafts, large valves and ports, big 1-3/16" Monobloc Carb. The Long 90mm Stroke gives tremendous torque for fast acceleration regardless of the load. The Interceptor "S" Sports  is fitted with quick detachable headlight, sports type 2 1/4 gallon gas tank, chrome steel fenders, competition forks, two downswept pipes and mufflers. Can easily be converted for cross country competition. Painted in Chinese Red." as seen at burton bike bits.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 03:47:29 am
www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com  will have everything you need to rebuild the motor.  The motors themselves are pretty simple and just about anyone with a descent tool set and common sense can rebuild it themselves.   Of course you will need to recruit someone for any machine work you might need.  Just look up parts for the Super Meteor (Trailblazer) or the Constellation (Chief).  Some of the Interceptor MK1 parts will work as well for performance needs.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

woodsman

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 06:55:48 pm
is Tom at ACE just head work or complete teardown and rebuild?

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 07:29:59 pm
is Tom at ACE just head work or complete teardown and rebuild?
For the twins, we are just head work.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

rotorwrench

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 10:05:01 pm
Most of the old timers are all gone now. You might contact Beno Rodi. He took over his Dad's shop and may still do some twin work.

I would recommend doing as much of the work yourself that you can and getting machine work done as close as you can still drive to. There aren't many folks that know the RE twins out there anymore. I sent stuff off years ago to get fixed and never got it back so that was the end of that. If you have questions, ask away. There are several folks here or on the Britbike Forum that can help.