Author Topic: s cams  (Read 47765 times)

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 07:12:08 pm
Just an update, over the last couple of months I have been phoning the cam people from time to time, to try and get a result of sorts. Well, today, out of the blue, they phoned me to recap on a few details so that grinding my batch of cams could commence. I asked how much notice they would need to increase the numbers in the batch and was told 'we would need to know by this afternoon'. On the strength of the interest shown to date, I increased the order from 6 sets to 8 sets and it looks like I should have them here pretty soon  8)
 B.W.

rep_movsd

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 08:26:03 pm
Hey,

Are these cam designs owned or created by you, or are they free for all? Would the profiles be available? Perhaps they can be made here in India cheaply given some effort and networking.

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 11:23:44 pm
Excellent news BW!  Thanks very much. Feels like Xmas :)
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 12:54:45 am
Hey,

Are these cam designs owned or created by you, or are they free for all? Would the profiles be available? Perhaps they can be made here in India cheaply given some effort and networking.
Fancy making a few bucks on the back of someone else? Go for it my friend, buy a set of these cams from me and make as many copies as you can. Oh - and be prepared to face the consequences when you are asked questions about timing, valve to piston clearences etc. Every penny [or cent] I ever earned was from working for it. My profit margin on these cams is tiny, maybe getting me a couple of beers on each set and no more than that. If you can do better, go for it.
 B.W.

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 02:53:54 am
what a scuzball.

BW im on the list right?  I have the money just let me know when to pay!

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 04:46:00 am
deleted
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 07:33:00 am by dampking »

TejK

• Bulleteer
  • 'BlACk'
Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 05:05:37 am
Hey,

BW has spent years with Enfields and learnt all he has one step at a time - He does the cams for helping out fellow bullet lovers. I suggest you read up on cams and learn.

I have tried some cams which were supposed to be 'performance' items. Well, they perform very well - as paper-weights !!!! >:(   . And they made my CI bike a Huge ass hunk of not-working metal. And wise advise from Ace and BW prevented me from experimenting with home-grown ideas & solutions to cams - and possibly saved my motor !

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 08:39:13 am

BW has spent years with Enfields and learnt all he has one step at a time - He does the cams for helping out fellow bullet lovers. I suggest you read up on cams and learn.

I have tried some cams which were supposed to be 'performance' items. Well, they perform very well - as paper-weights !!!! >:(   . And they made my CI bike a Huge ass hunk of not-working metal. And wise advise from Ace and BW prevented me from experimenting with home-grown ideas & solutions to cams - and possibly saved my motor !

Right said! and to be honest Paul is prolly the only one in this planet who's making these cams! :D

TejK

• Bulleteer
  • 'BlACk'
Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 09:13:36 am
what a scuzball.

BW im on the list right?  I have the money just let me know when to pay!

+1 , and +1 to waiting :)

rep_movsd

• Bulleteer
Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 03:30:03 pm
Take it easy folks! I was under the impression that S cams are some sort of well known design that came from some very old Enfields well out of production and happen to work well on the existing ones.
Far be it from me to copy or clone anyones design for profit.

As far as the scuzball remarks, FYI I am a very good friend of Chummas and he trusts me enough to show me and loan me his prototype rockers, he came and helped me tune my Fireball and I helped him get his cousins Yezdi on the road, which he was riding the entire time he was here.
So please withhold character judgements before you know a persons character.
I'm the only guy here in India to whom a complete Fireball kit was sold.
Chumma doesn't spend days and nights getting "scuzballs" bikes working in goo d order.

I am an Indian, when I see something expensive, I think of how to build that with my limited resources - I asked a question if it was a proprietary design.

I know who Paul Henshaw is and I would be the last one to ride off on someone elses efforts for profit. I'm not even in the business of building bikes for money yet, its a hobby into which I have thrown money of my own.

So Paul, I apologize if I came off in a wrong way - I have no intention of being a con man, nor have I ever been.

Let's move on from here. 

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 09:54:14 pm
"Chumma doesn't spend days and nights getting "scuzzballs" bikes in good order".
Speak for yourself.
Signed,
A scuzzball. ;D
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 04:50:58 am
haha thats funyy. i really need some s cams....

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 08:19:34 am

So Paul, I apologize if I came off in a wrong way - I have no intention of being a con man, nor have I ever been.

Let's move on from here.
That's ok, perhaps I misunderstood you. A while ago I had a tip off that someone was preparing to copy these cams in India and sell them very cheaply - probably much cheaper than I can. I can't stop that happening, but at the same time, I don't see why I should take it lying down, either. In view of this, your previous post appeared to be from someone expecting to do just that. Perhaps the cams will get copied and work well, whilst selling for less money and this would be a good thing, it wouldn't affect me too much, but sorry if I misunderstood you.
 B.W.

Adrian

Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 03:03:41 pm
If we just remember to support the good guys, folks (whoever and wherever they are), it helps us all in the long run!

A.

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 11:13:12 pm
I had almost given up, but then Santa came early, with eight sets of 'S' cams. Two sets are spoken for in the U.K.
 I will look back through my messages since announcing this batch and try to be as fair as possible with the orders. I can get more sets made if needs be  ;)
 B.W.