Author Topic: Not deserted you!  (Read 1214 times)

palace15

• Bulleteer
on: November 11, 2013, 06:38:29 pm
Hi Guys
As the title reads, I have not deserted you, I browse once in a while but to be honest I have not done too much with the C5 this last year, well, nothing of note, I used a BMW K75 for my annual trip to the Isle of Man, and the trip I did across on the C5 resulted in my being helped and rescued by Belgian RE riders Noel and Rene that I wrote about in these forums. The only recent work was to replace the 'removable' baffle, the original removed itself! I will be riding it over the winter as and when required and hope to use it even more during 2014. Safe riding guys and all the best.
You will always find that women that have lost thier virginity, still have the box it came in!

Royal Enfield, making mechanics out of owners since 1893.

Royalista

• phaneropter
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 10:01:34 pm
I checked that report. Had a rear puncture once too on a camping trip. Know the feeling. Very nice assistance you ran into, way to go!  8)
moriunt omnes pauci vivunt

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 10:29:01 pm
On long trips I make sure to carry some Slime or other flat fixing goop, a pump, and $20.  The goop and pump are my first line of defense.  The $20 is to tip the guy who has to change the tube and clean up the mess if it doesn't work.

Scott

windhorserider

• Rider of The Windhorse.
  • Scooter
  • I'd rather be in New Orleans.
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 12:20:52 am
Nice to know you're still around. And the code of helping others on the road still stands.
Now I have to go tape $20 to my bottle of Slime.
2013 Bullet B5
2007 Ruckus
Past Rides:
CL360, CB750K, CX500C, XS1100, KE100, HD Panhead, Goldwing

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson