Author Topic: Sing arm pivot cover -  (Read 1250 times)

i.candide

• Bulleteer
  • Romancing the Life
on: November 13, 2013, 06:35:51 pm
Good morning - afternoon - evening (depending where you are) ;)

While detailing Rocinante (2012 C5) yesterday, found that the right side swing arm pivot cover rotates freely. Checked the left side cover - it did not rotate at all. Tried to tighten it up - no success. Is this normal?

Update on Rocinante - 2800 miles - 2 oil changes - running smoother than expected - commute to work 16 miles each way, 11 miles So. Cal freeway. She happily runs along at 65-70 mph and tops out at 78 (indicated). Fun - fun - fun!!! :D

Soon to mount pillion seat, rack, and Vario-Screen.

Enjoy the day
i.candide
Romancing the life
On a 2015 Military Green C5
In Southern California

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 06:42:29 pm
Are you talking about the big, round chrome cap?  That's just a piece of plastic that covers the nut/bolt of the swingarm pivot.  It pops right off with a slight pry from a screwdriver.  It's nothing to worry about unless it falls off.  You can find smaller, nicer looking chrome plated steel items at a good hardware store.  They will do the job and look nicer.

Scott

NorEaster

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 07:16:06 pm
I think it would be great of someone made custom ones. Covers sporting the usual things one would expect like union jacks, skulls, butts, boobs, eagle heads, lion heads. There are lots of custom gas cap covers out there. I wonder if something could be fabricated out of one of those.

i.candide

• Bulleteer
  • Romancing the Life
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 07:51:24 pm
Thank you scottie.
Romancing the life
On a 2015 Military Green C5
In Southern California

squire

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 10:03:29 pm
You can get good quality covers that will stay in place from eBay. There was a thread on here a while back, I bought myself some and posted a picture. There was a link to some that someone posted but they're all over eBay in any size you want. I even picked some up for an old Triumph handle bar clamp that was missing the covers off the cap screws .

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 10:07:50 pm
Someone got the replacement covers and then glued a nice enamel RE badge on them.  It looked really nice.

Scott

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 12:07:18 am
Mine were loose also, but still looked decent, so I used a little clear silicone to keep them in place & the water out.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure