Author Topic: Speaking of rear turn signals  (Read 707 times)

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
on: November 10, 2013, 05:03:25 pm
I noticed one rear LED bulb was out and since they last years I knew it was an electrical problem - no power to socket (and note the sockets tend to split so one wire is not contacting the outside) so took off the rear brake light mount - no power inside that.

Knew its got to be under the GD fender so have to remove saddle bags and seat and rear fender bolts and turn it over and - ta da  Even though the damn wire bundle is well fastened to the underside one small section was low enough so that on a bump it hit the rear wheel and you can see what it did 0 will re-solder a piece of wire in side the bundle and put one of those plastic coil wrap things around it and zip=lock it all up out of the way
Dr B

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 05:33:04 pm
Good T-shoot there, drbvac.
Is there enough slack to maybe move the bundle off a bit to one side? Might help prevent a future rub. Maybe.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 07:41:42 pm
I think what happened is there is a slot in the end of the fender for the wire bundle to come through and I didn't tie it up last time I had it through there and with travel it just slipped back down till it was rubbing - I will tie the bundle up and if you have the seat off you can also cut a small notch in the top of the inner mud guard.
Dr B