Author Topic: crankcase leak,  (Read 954 times)

chonpuun

• Scooter
on: November 05, 2013, 08:37:13 pm
hi, i have a 2005,bullet with a 535 engine in it,i have tried a few air cleaners on it but the ace air cleaner is the best, any way what i would like to know from the mechanically minded is how is the best way to seal the crank case with out pulling the motor apart, the bike is a panther 600cc ,m100.the oil is pouring out  from the top of crank case . i have cleaned out the crank case breather valve  so that is working . thank you.chonpuun

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:12:32 pm
I am not familiar with that engine. Perhaps if you can take a clear picture of the leaky area , we might be better able to help.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

chonpuun

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 11:34:20 pm
ace,thanks for your reply ,i will have to see my daughter tonight to attach photos .bikes and computers, its all a learning process.chonpuun

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 11:18:20 pm
You could need ring job. You can get excessive crankcase pressure from blowby that will blo the oil out of any seam it can find!
Great bike though. I enjoy those beasts. There was one a recent BSA club ride who had problems. It looked like he holed a piston, and didn't finish the ride. I was following him for awhile and it was smoking rather profusely.
 Good luck with yours!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com