Author Topic: Well, I Bit The Front Plate Bullet  (Read 5598 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 03:34:39 pm
Great looking bike!  I like what you've done to it.  :)

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 04:00:39 pm
You should try the TM32 out! It really opened my avl 2007 up.  Id like to take te silencer off and run just the straight pipe.  I do not know where to up jet though, will someone point my straight?

TM-32
200-Main
30- Pilot
P6- needle jet

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 04:13:01 pm
I can't believe how good the tats look on your hand are they new? Mine look like shit after 50yrs.   ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 04:39:57 pm
I can't believe how good the tats look on your hand are they new? Mine look like shit after 50yrs.   ERC

The tat on my left hand is a memorial tat I got for Indian Larry when he died in 2004. Larry was one of my all-time heroes since he first started to become known in the '70s. An honorable man in all ways, a truly accomplished bike builder who always put his hand out to help others & who died way too young because he did a trick he'd done a thousand times before on the wrong bike because he wanted to please the crowd. I bawled my stupid eyes out like a baby when I opened The Horse website the morning after the evening he died. 

R.I.P., Larry
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 04:58:53 pm
I think it was that chain link front end broke on him. Is that what happened? I never saw the whole thing that was filmed.   ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 06:13:09 pm
I think it was that chain link front end broke on him. Is that what happened? I never saw the whole thing that was filmed.   ERC

Wow, how stories get twisted.

First of all, he wasn't on the Chain Bike. He was on Grease Monkey.

The fall happened after the main event was over. It happened out in the parking area. All the other bikes were in the trailer. The crowd pressed him to do a stand up & he rode Grease Monkey because it was still out. It did not have a throttle lock as the other bikes he normally did stand ups on did.

So when he stood up, the bike started to slow instead of keeping a steady speed. He stayed up a hair too long, the front end wobbled & down he went.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 07:04:16 pm
  .....  The next thing will be to send my head off to see The Wizard.

I just saw that thread over in the classic section.  I love the idea of some ace magic on the AVL head at what appears to be seriously good value .  What are you thinking of having done? 

I ended up getting the TM32 (couldnt resist the price  ::)), with intentions to use Ace's manifold and BW's S Cams.  Ace working on the head would really round things off.
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 07:41:53 pm
I just saw that thread over in the classic section.  I love the idea of some ace magic on the AVL head at what appears to be seriously good value .  What are you thinking of having done? 

I ended up getting the TM32 (couldnt resist the price  ::)), with intentions to use Ace's manifold and BW's S Cams.  Ace working on the head would really round things off.

Details aren't firm yet, not until he sees the head. The only thing definite right now is a cleanup of the porting & an Ace valve job "possibly" with new valves.

Maybe Ace will chime in here if he feels it.

What we're looking for is a few more steps toward a better, smoother running engine over what the factory can afford to do; no 8 second 1/4 miles or Pike's Peak runs.     

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 08:40:06 pm
Thanks for the info on that he was a young guy when it happened. Well young compared to us.  ERC