Author Topic: independant headlamp switch - ideas??  (Read 800 times)

flyboy

• Bulleteer
  • Keepin the shiney side up
on: November 03, 2013, 06:20:21 pm
Any suggestions of how I can control my headlamp independant of ignition. I have a '99 Bullet KS with Minda controls. I'd like to replace the ignition switch on the casquette with the "old style" headlamp switch. (I think it was like this on on pre-'99?) I'm not concerned of eliminating the key. Do you think I can wire the old style switch for "first click - ignition" and "second click - headlamp"? I can still use the Minda control dip switch.
Thanks!

flyboy

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 06:21:58 pm
Oh, should have said....

My headlamp comes on with the ignition turned on, running or not.

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 10:20:31 pm
Do your controls have a switch in place that doesn't do anything? My 2006 Bullet has an on/off switch that was inoperative due to DOT regulations. There was a factory installed jumper wire plugged in inside the headlamp shell. I removed the jumper wire and reconnected the proper lines. Now my lights don't come on until I flip the switch. Perhaps your '99 is the same way?
"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.

flyboy

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 11:45:28 pm
@ 2dogs....no, I don't have any other switches. The controls (Minda) have the dip, horn and turn switches....that's all. On/off on the throttle side.