Author Topic: Ace assisting Bullet Whisperer racing effort  (Read 124595 times)

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #135 on: June 21, 2014, 10:43:58 pm
Hi Scottie, and thanks for those kind words!
 The gearbox job is not expensive [£200 here], that's stripped right down, two modifications and put together again. I don't know about shipping and taxes, though, they might be another matter  :o
 The 5 speed gearboxes have a shorter mainshaft than the twins, as is the case with the four speed Bullet type gearboxes. You would need to overcome that with either a custom made offset clutch centre and / or mainshaft in order for one to work on a twin - there is not much in it, something like 3/8", I think. The 5 speed clutch centre is also different to the 4 speeder, but there is no difference in the basket and plates that I am aware of.

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #136 on: June 25, 2014, 01:49:41 pm
The project inches ever closer to completion and the pistons are due to arrive any day now!
 The crank seal modification on the drive side has worked fine, just the crankshaft electronic ignition to fit and the bottom end assembly will be complete.
 This project has sown the seeds of a killer 350 Enfield race engine project, too  ;)
 B.W.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #137 on: June 25, 2014, 02:32:32 pm
Very exciting, indeed!

I tell you, I am right on the edge of my seat waiting to see this thing go!

And the killer 350 race project, O M G!!!!!
Home of the Fireball 535 !

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #138 on: June 25, 2014, 08:25:36 pm
An onboard video! That's all I want :D

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #139 on: June 25, 2014, 10:31:35 pm
An onboard video! That's all I want :D
+100!
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #140 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:51 am
I will have to try and sort some kind of filming out  ;)
 Meanwhile, we 'mocked up' the top end and checked the fit of a new, smaller fuel tank and new alloy seat unit we have had custom made for the latest incarnation of this beast ...

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #141 on: June 27, 2014, 01:31:59 am

This is such a historic build!  It has been so exciting seeing this monster coming together.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #142 on: June 27, 2014, 01:42:06 am
Looking SO awesome!
 8)

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #143 on: June 27, 2014, 05:54:46 am
I really like it.  Just love the Royal Enfield big-head motor!

Royal Enfield people are good people

Cheers,
Bill

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #144 on: June 27, 2014, 01:01:18 pm
Now everyone will want one! >:(
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #145 on: June 27, 2014, 01:18:02 pm
This whole package is far too extreme for street use.
It's intended for engine speeds higher than 8000 rpm.

However, it could be "toned down" a bit, as a more streetable package, if desired. We can scale the head work to whatever rpm range is desired, and we have already done that for Kevin in Shetland with his Big Head Super Fireball, and our raised port GP head conversions for the India-made Bullet cylinder heads.

It's all a matter of scaling the modifications to the application, and since this race bike is the most demanding of racing applications, it has a very exotic set of modifications, many of which would not be needed nor wanted on a street machine. Just too radical for street.

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #146 on: June 27, 2014, 01:25:18 pm
This whole package is far too extreme for street use.
It's intended for engine speeds higher than 8000 rpm.

However, it could be "toned down" a bit, as a more streetable package, if desired. We can scale the head work to whatever rpm range is desired, and we have already done that for Kevin in Shetland with his Big Head Super Fireball, and our raised port GP head conversions for the India-made Bullet cylinder heads.

It's all a matter of scaling the modifications to the application, and since this race bike is the most demanding of racing applications, it has a very exotic set of modifications, many of which would not be needed nor wanted on a street machine. Just too radical for street.
Sorry, that wont stop us from "wanting" it.
What's the expression? If ten will kill me, gimme nine? ;D
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #147 on: June 27, 2014, 01:32:32 pm
Sorry, that wont stop us from "wanting" it.
What's the expression? If ten will kill me, gimme nine? ;D

LOL!
 ;D

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #148 on: June 27, 2014, 01:38:12 pm
 A [not too] toned down version of the whole bike could be built for the street and replicas could be built for racing, too.
 Our 350 racer has what was built as an identical twin sister out there somewhere, although it was built about 8 years ago, so ours has moved on some since that build. That machine's last known whereabouts was Denmark, but it was for sale at the time, so it could be anywhere by now.
 A 500 Bullet engine, suitably tuned and fitted in a shortened Manx frame would make for a cheaper alternative to a real Manx Norton, while being just as quick and enjoyable / competitive. A Manx Norton can never be as short as our Manx framed machine, so cannot enjoy the handling and steering benefits that brings  8)
 For the road, 40 BHP, or thereabouts should be attainable and good enough to give a very enjoyable and exciting machine made along the same lines  ;)

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #149 on: June 29, 2014, 10:06:48 am
Love, love that frame.  Maybe someday I'll get that 350 engine I now have sitting around into one of these Manx style frames and let the smart people here have a go at it to make a fastish, lightweight, high-revving-but-streetable bike...