Author Topic: Visit to National Powersports, NH dealer  (Read 743 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
on: October 19, 2013, 12:42:42 pm
I stopped by yesterday.  They've got lots of bikes on the floor, mostly C5's: OD green, silver, black (which has nice, off-white fender-stripes I like), and the new "tan" which, even with the black frame, headlight nacelle and fork tubes, looks fantastic!  I got a first-hand look at the green B5, but I have to say that in person, the very dark, metallic flake green paint isn't my favorite.

They've got a traded-in 2012 OD green C5 with a complete D&D exhaust in black - 641 miles, $5k.  They started it up - it's loud, but oh my goodness, what a sound!  8)

One of the reasons the header looks so big, at least on this one, is that it has a full-length heat shield on the outside.  It's kind of hard to see, but take a look at it from the left side:

I was also surprised to see what looked like a pretty complete selection of D&D exhaust parts in stock "on the wall", including slip-on straight and up-swept silencers, and complete header/silencer sets.  Also NFG EFI silencers, bags and brackets, seats and other bits.

Dealerships are fun!

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 01:04:05 pm
I'd wish they made a nice curved header pipe - like the iron barrels have. They look good ! Sounds like a good dealer- I haven't seen any of those products here. :(
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.