Author Topic: Riding boots?  (Read 2371 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
on: October 16, 2013, 10:12:44 pm
There's a thread regarding bsheets's finned tappet covers for the UCE - people are saying that somebody should make them, because there's probably a lot of folks who'd want them.

This is just what I thought when I saw these boots today.  They are in the window of Colburn's Shoe Store, in Belfast, Maine, which claims to be the oldest shoe store in America.

http://www.colburnshoe.com/

Now before you get too excited, they aren't available.  They're window dressing... boots that were sold there in the 1950's.  When I saw them, I told the salesman that if they had them in my size, I'd buy a pair on the spot.  He said they get that a lot.

I won't keep you in suspense - here's a pic.  The little sign says, "1950s Boys' hi-cuts.  Pocket knife pouch on side".  Who, I ask you, wouldn't want a pair of these for riding?

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 10:32:46 pm
Looks like a lumberjack boot.  Since they don't make them anymore, there should be a Georgia Hightop or White's boot that could have a custom belt sewed onto the upper.  The pocket knife pocket could also be handmade using leather from the Tandy leather company, they have snaps, buckle etc.  A boot or saddle shop should be able to sew the pocket on the Georgia boot.

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 02:03:18 am
Google lineman's boots.  I don't think they make lineman's boots with a strap and buckle anymore but you could have a tac shop sew some on like Mr. Underhill said.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 02:07:32 am
I'm not really looking for boots like this - and I don't need straps, or certainly not a pocket knife pouch.  I just loved them at first sight!

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 06:59:47 am
I like the tall boots like that.
Doc Martens makes a 20-eye lace-up boot that comfortable and available in a variety of colors for just over $100. No buckle or pouch, but they are nice tall lace-up leather boots.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 08:07:41 pm
Sounds like lineman's boots.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 04:49:40 am
Hell with a pocket knife pouch,I wanta holster.