Author Topic: Cafe Racer TV Season 4- EP 4  (Read 1844 times)

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
on: December 12, 2013, 01:12:15 pm

jdrouin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 05:09:27 pm
Really interesting episode! Love the look of the blue land-speed Enfield.

It was cool to see Chumma on "TV," though disappointing they didn't mention Tom and the Fireball project.

Jeff

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 05:46:48 am
Yep! I was expecting more of "Chumma" and "Tom"!!

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 02:36:12 pm
I seriously doubt that those TV guys even know who "Chumma" and "Tom" are, and I doubt they even care.
And I'm not too sure they know much about cafe racers either after watching some of the episodes.
A lot of fluff and not much stuff. Typical TV.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:00:27 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 03:02:33 pm
I seriously doubt that those TV guys even know who "Chumma" and "Tom" are, and I doubt they even care.
And I'm not too sure they know much about cafe racers either after watching some of the episodes.

+1

But aren't we lucky it's not another god-awful chopper show?   :P

I'll take what I can get. . .

Cheers,

Dan K.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:22:46 am by DanKearney »

young gun

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 06:18:51 am

Yeah I can't say I'm a big fan of Cafe Racer. For some reason it just doesn't feel right, it feels a bit awkward tbh. And then they go on these little emo trips every now and then?! Like seriously?! This is not Jersey Shore?! There's no girls watching this :D

They should change the format for reality to documentary for it to roll better IMO.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 01:49:43 pm
Yes I'm glad that it's not another Chopper show.

Actually, there were some shots of Chumma on there, and also supposedly one of me somewhere in there too, in some of the Mid-Ohio footage. Not one of our most stellar moments. We were trying to figure out a problem with the bike!
But they got that footage from the Badger film crew staff. I don't think the TV guys knew who we were.

I have dealt with the press a lot in the past, and they generally are reporters and TV show hosts that are trying to produce an article or a show, and they aren't necessarily very "on top" of the subject material, and often they aren't up on it much at all. Generally superficial.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 03:38:26 pm
That was a cool watch.  Except I threw up a bit of my coffee every time that KTM came on.  Crap that thing is awful.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 05:07:54 pm
That was a cool watch.  Except I threw up a bit of my coffee every time that KTM came on.  Crap that thing is awful.

Scottie
+1 on that, even my wife wanted to know why they hated KTM's
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 04:13:24 am
After the Badger team rebuilt the motor for the land speed bike they couldn't get it started. What was the problem? 

The KTM build is probably the worst feature build on this show so far. I think there idea was to try and attract more women to the series. I couldn't believe John Penton dropping the bike and the next thing you see is the KTM semi flying down the road. Definitely a bust.

I do like the new look/layout of the show. Definitely easier to follow.

2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 02:44:59 pm
The factory riders' quote when the bike showed up "What the hell is that?"  I think that pretty much says it all.  My question is, what the hell did they do to the bike that the brake calipers seized on the front AND rear.  I have a feeling that while he may be a good fabricator, he doesn't actually know a whole lot about bikes.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 12:26:24 am
The KTM thing is pitiful.If they want to attract women,make a show about women,or put a 100 lb woman on the bike for the land speed record.Mite'v got the thing up to 99 mph then.