Author Topic: clutch& tranny  (Read 1274 times)

larry harding

• Neophyte
on: October 23, 2013, 06:59:57 pm
just joined in hopes of getting some tech. advice. i've been riding and tinkering with motorcycles for around 50 years. i may grow old but i refuse to grow up. i purchased a nearly complete bullet clutch and tranny unit at a swap meet this summer to use on a project bike i am going to build. i was drawn to it because it is set up for left side shifter. (yes! ive heard the left shift mechanism is kind a crappy, but i will build my own linkage) so i hope someone can help with a few questions.....
1. what size is the primary chain used on these bikes? it looks like regular double row #35 but i had some old primary and single row peices laying around evidently the r/e chain is wider than 35#
2. someone told me tha a sealed bearing could replace one of the original bearings and then regular gear oil could be used in stead of the grease.
3. where is the best place to go for parts and advice on this tranny.  i will be needing the needle bearing on the clutch push rod and a kick starter. just looking on line there seems to be several variations on the kick starter.
thanks for any help or advice.