Author Topic: 2006 Bullet 500 ES C5  (Read 1482 times)

UniqueGirl

• Scooter
on: October 09, 2013, 04:04:58 pm
Can anyone tell me what the part with vacuum lines in the left side case is? The port that extends forward outside the case is capped.  The other pic is of another vacuum or vent line that is part of piece just prior to the cylinder intake just past the carb.  I saw a bike that had a line that connected these two.  What do they do? Do I need them connected? Bonus Question: What does the ES mean in Bullet 500ES? 

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 04:37:23 pm
It's part of the PAV(pulsed air valve) system, and they can remain disconnected and be completely removed from the bike, and the connectors on the engine should be plugged.
This is for meeting emission control, and has no effects on the running of the bike, except dead weight and places for problems to occur. A good thing to remove.

ES means Electric Start.

And there is no "C5" designation in Iron Barrel engines like you have, so there is no need to write C5 in the heading. It adds confusion. "C5" is a designation for a new UCE engined bike.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 08:00:42 pm
My hats off to you, Unique Girl! Taming an UN- housebroken Iron Bullet is a good test of  mechanical skills. It's a great feeling when it's finally fettled  into submission, and you are it's master. Good luck.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

UniqueGirl

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 07:53:43 pm
Ace.cafe, you rock. Thanks for all your advice....I can always count on you for knowledge. Ride safe.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 11:18:34 pm
Ace.cafe, you rock. Thanks for all your advice....I can always count on you for knowledge. Ride safe.
Thanks, UniqueGirl !
You rock too, and you are very unique!
Rock on sister!
Home of the Fireball 535 !