Author Topic: My Lady rode the thumper  (Read 4769 times)

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
on: July 30, 2007, 01:24:06 am
For the first time, I managed to coax my Lady, all 61 inches, 100 pound in full gear of her onto the bike today.  I was riding earlier, but decided this evening to ride around the couple of acres we live on.  I was riding slowly, chugging around and saw my Lady looking wistful at me as I passed every round, so I pulled up to her, clicked into neutral, and hopped off..  After very little convincing she hopped on and chugged off..  First circuit, she came round with the biggest smile on her face, as with the ten others she did..  When she stopped she had a little bit of difficulty holding the bike up - I told you, she is tiny.  With practice she will manage fine.  She got off, and I got back on, and put down the pillion pegs.. On she hopped and we chugged off round the place again.  She was smiling ear to ear...  I asked if she would do it again, and she will - next time, she will take off round the 4 mile block!  She often rides the Ural - the sidecar makes it stay upright, but hasn't ridden a solo for quite a while - she wants to find a small honda, like the custom she took her test on - that was her ideal bike, or so she says.. But, I reckon, put an inch smaller wheel on the rear, lower the suspension a touch, and put a lower seat on and she will be able to reach the ground with both feet. I think I would have to do something with the battery though - she could hardly get her legs round with that in the way.

I was so happy to hear my Thumper from behind..  Never heard it before.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 09:47:25 pm
Get an inch of padding removed from the seat, and a set of shorter shocks, or springs and it should be quite a bit lower to the ground for her. Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 12:02:21 am
I ain't going to do anything at all, with my bike - fits me like a glove. We are buying her an Electra, in January, and maybe get one for me too. I want an Enfield Army.. or as it called here, the Military..But. . . It may be possible to tempt me over to the Electra side, with a little arm twisting - I will be keeping my '99 - it is a bike for life, and adding the other two to the stable - I have decided that there are a few things you cannot have too many of: Safety gear, Tools, and Motorcycles being the top three.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

gapl53

Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 05:22:14 pm
Amen to that!