Author Topic: Engine work  (Read 4533 times)

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 01:00:45 pm
You may want to drill and restore the original vent on the left side of the cases if the casting is still there. My 05 still has it, but I'm not sure about the 08's. If you can vent there, it allows you to have a full oil tank. This would be an asset on long rides.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 01:59:05 pm
You may want to drill and restore the original vent on the left side of the cases if the casting is still there. My 05 still has it, but I'm not sure about the 08's. If you can vent there, it allows you to have a full oil tank. This would be an asset on long rides.

I definitely agree with restoring the old style breather.
Even if the elbow is not on the engine case, the  case can be drill and tapped in the proper place, and a pipe fitting and elbow installed.

Do a search for breather mod in the archives.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

nisonov

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 06:15:40 pm
OK. I will take the cases to the machine shop for that.
Anyway, i have stripped the oil plug threads, so some machining is needed.

How about the hole that is located inside crank case and is possibly there since the breathing system design change. Should it be plugged or left open?

Any other ideas from the machining perspective? Would be nice to do everything at once...

Andy