Author Topic: Broken clutch cable on royal enfield 500 bullet  (Read 4374 times)

UniqueGirl

• Scooter
on: October 05, 2013, 09:18:47 pm
Help!!!! Does anyone know where I can locate how to replace my Clutch cable on line?  I have reviewed the service manual for this and cannot locate the info. Thanks.

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 11:33:49 pm
Unique Girl,
What year is you bike?  Do you have the cable?  I've an English made cable for 2003 to 2007 5 Speed from Hitchcock's (540070A) you can have for postage.  I'm in MD, so you'd have it by Wed.
Dennis
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:35:51 pm by D the D »
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 12:04:46 am
I did this earlier this summer and here's my procedure. Took about 15 minutes.

1. Lube new cable.
2. Remove old cable ends from lever and gearbox.
3. Using electric tape, tape the end of the old to the front of the new cable. Have enough over lap so the link doesn't break free.
4. Pull old cable out and new cable in. Start under the tank if you can. Go back and forth from the head light, under the tank pushing and pulling the cable chain into position. Watch for the cable getting caught up under he tank and in the nacelle. I didn't open the head light but you could.
5. Once in position, connect both ends of the cable up. Adjust in the back, and then fine tune up front.

It took some back and forth fiddling, but it worked fine.

Hope this helps!
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

UniqueGirl

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 12:36:01 am
Hey guys thanks for all the advice. I went to the European  bike show in Manassas Virginia and was able to get a new clutch cable there and my friend put it on. Be safe and ride on 

guss,guss

• Grease Monkey
  • picture is not actual bulleteer
Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 04:06:08 am
i have one more tip for replacing any cable. what i do is use a piece of strong wire and wrap around and tape to one end of the cable to be replaced, then pull it through and leave it in place then i can lay the old cable next to the new one and make sure its the right length and ends look the same.
 i ordered a throttle cable from India that was too short.
Kill em all, let God sort em out. 
 Have a nice day.