Author Topic: Bike hooligans in NYC  (Read 8002 times)

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 04:41:29 pm
To rvcycleguy, an absolute +1. Let me repeat. Really?

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 05:08:43 pm
I have a few guns and they are all locked up in a Liberty safe...I could get a permit to carry but don't have the need or desire...I rather see people argue and voice their displeasure vice making any situation more volatile.. Those guys were way out of line..Maybe the driver of the cage was a ass but the kid in the back seat or passenger aren't responsible...Glad I didn't see any enfields in the mix on this one...
Oh Magoo you done it again

TheGarbone

• Arrrgghhhhh
  • Scooter
Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 06:45:35 pm
I said closest I had come, I did not draw but the checklist went active in my brain and that was bad enough. All this took only 1 or 2 seconds, by the time the owner was in view and I spoke to her the danger had pretty much passed. Had the other dog clamped down on my dogs neck, yes, I may have as it would have been a contact shot. I guess you would let a stray slaughter your pup in your lap in the middle of dinner and not moved a finger.  I found the entire affair very disturbing.   Had the dog been going for my child.....

The parallel is that the man feared for his family and fled, causing grevious harm to another person in the process. We don't know, maybe the guy in the comma was going to intervene and pull the people off the side off his truck.   I may have done exactly what the SUV guy did or I may have kept my cool and sat it out without running people down.

The entire thing is sad.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:12:51 pm by TheGarbone »
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 07:45:35 pm
Kinda reminds me of a day when a friend and I were riding down the 405 when an idiot on a Kawasaki came blasting by us then pulled over in front of a cage and hit his brakes forcing the cage driver to lock em up and skid whilst trying to avoid him. Then the idiot took off, we had passed them in the turmoil, but he came flying by us again and did the same thing to another car. He did this 3 or 4 times before he disappeared. It looked to me like the guy was suicidal. Not sure what he was trying to prove, but he was a definite idiot. This was in the days before cell phones, so nobody get to rat him out!
Bare
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 07:46:30 pm
I grimace at all the talk about guns...  We've seemed to have lost civility.  Not everything, in fact most things cannot be solved with a gun. It's like this Zimmerman case.  If the watchman had maybe just called out to the kid and said, "Hey there, do you live here"?  Can you tell me what unit number you live in?  Identify himself as a watchman for courtesy sake.  I've done that and more when I see stranger kids on the town home property who are walking around at night.  Politely identify and make conversation. To set everyone at ease.  I'm not the watchman, but a concerned resident who has had a break  in.   

These punk riders were out to disrupt and cause trouble on bikes.  That's clear.  They created a situation that went beyond anyone's comprehension.  Innocent people were harmed. Where is the civility?  We don't ask, we demand to be heard.  We don't ask to pass the bread, we demand we get our share.... 
1956 Bullet 500 (G2) Custom tank, Silencer Muffler, Powder Coated Chassis
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800cc) Touring set-up. white walls, pearl white w/ ghost flames

jdrouin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 10:15:47 pm
Where is the civility?  We don't ask, we demand to be heard.

+1

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 04:35:16 pm
We live in an age of declining decency.All manor of mayhem is perpetrated daily,some of it makes the news.
It is regrettable,but we will see this trend continue.

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 05:24:16 pm
I agree Single.  The youth generation has become a liability.  Granted, there are millions of decent law abiding, civil engaging youths in America, but there are many others who have grown up without a strong morale center.  It may be generational, but the video games that portray gun violence, robbery, mayhem, mass murder is, IMO, taking effect on youth of today.  They escape to another world and isolate themselves and then explode on the rest of us.  Parents have a strong role to play in this evolution of the times.  You would think that a parent would know if their son or daughter was building WMD in the basement or garage but it does seem to happen with regularity. These kids on bikes think they are just taking out their youthful energy without consequences or ignore them altogether.  As stated, there are a couple of bad apples in the group that tags them all as corrupt.  They have a sense to belong to a group right or wrong. 
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800cc) Touring set-up. white walls, pearl white w/ ghost flames

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 06:47:23 pm

what a bunch of ASSHOLES....
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #24 on: October 04, 2013, 07:19:48 pm
It may be generational, but the video games that portray gun violence, robbery, mayhem, mass murder is, IMO, taking effect on youth of today.  They escape to another world and isolate themselves and then explode on the rest of us.  Parents have a strong role to play in this evolution of the times.

It is a generational thing.  Games are not to blame.  Just like books weren't when they blamed them, R movies weren't when they blamed them and music doesn't make you kill people or overdose on prescription drugs.  Those are scapegoats.  It is parenting...  100%. 

A kid in NYC opens fire on a crowd, runs from cops and ends up getting shot by the police.  Mom is on the news before the night is out saying that the Police are out of control.  Parenting... 100%. 

I have far more faith in the youth than our countries' (plurality intended) current caretakers which is why I completely agree with you when you say that too many grow up without a strong moral center. 

2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: October 04, 2013, 08:34:33 pm
+1
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 05:39:57 am
"Why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way?"
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 12:17:44 pm
Here's the interview of the "biker" who brake checked the Land Rover and then kicked the drivers ass (I think it's the same guy).  Can you believe this douche bag is actually claiming he is innocent?!  You can tell from the interview that not only is he a complete coward, but he can't own up to his actions either.  And to top it off there was 2 off-duty officers that participated in this ride and did NOTHING to intervene or diffuse the situation.  I'm still disgusted by this story.

http://gma.yahoo.com/christopher-cruz-biker-charged-suv-attack-says-hes-152732705--abc-news-topstories.html?vp=1

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 08:03:04 pm
I didn't hear about 2 off-duty officers participating in it.

I did hear about one on duty police officer who participated in it.  He is/was a undercover agent at the time and his interference would have blown his cover.
He was reprimanded for not reporting what happened until a few days later.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 08:26:48 pm
I didn't hear about 2 off-duty officers participating in it.

I did hear about one on duty police officer who participated in it.  He is/was a undercover agent at the time and his interference would have blown his cover.
He was reprimanded for not reporting what happened until a few days later.

My understanding is the two LEO's were not on duty and work undercover.  They own bikes and were participating in the ride while off duty.  As all LEO's, they have a duty to identify themselves when crimes are being committed. They may have felt in a bind when the events went viral and then waited several days to offer up they were there?  Can't seem to count on some to do the right thing in uniform or out...