Author Topic: Bike hooligans in NYC  (Read 7973 times)

ridgerunner

• Grease Monkey
on: October 02, 2013, 08:55:56 am
Anyone see the news or youtube video on the motorcycle group beating some guy senseless in front of his wife and kids? Great ambassadors for the sport. :o
08 Bullet ES (AVL)
The Enfield saves on gas, riding the Enfield saves on Prozac. ;)

RGT

• Grand Gearhead
  • '94 350 Bullet
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 10:28:43 am
Crazy town, Landrover should include some of that footage in a commercial

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 12:49:00 pm
Did you actually watch the video?  The asshole in the Land Rover ran over a couple different guys on their bikes and then took off.  After a short chase a few of the bikers try to confront him and he runs over like 3 MORE bikers!  Some freaking example to set for your kids.  Obviously we don't know the whole story because there's no footage prior to these events.  But.  BUT.  If I was in that pack of bikes and and the only thing that happened was what was shown in the video, NOT only would have beat the shit out of that driver, I would have pulled his ass out of the truck, drug him to the front of it and started bashing his face off of the hood and bumper and asking him "How do you like it f#%^er!"  But I wasn't there, so who knows.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 03:08:29 pm
I thought the same thing from the video.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

Mike_D

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 04:30:15 pm
It appeared to me that it all started when one of the riders brake checked the SUV; the SUV couldn't stop and hit the rear wheel of the rider.  The SUV then stopped and was surrounded by the gang.  I'm not sure I would have plowed over three bikes to get out of there but I'd have been pretty rattled.  Anyway, no charges for the driver and the motorcyclist who started the whole thing has since been arrested.  Just a disturbing video all around.  And on a personal note it ruined a nice Sunday ride with all the bridge checkpoints and all......

TheGarbone

• Arrrgghhhhh
  • Scooter
Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 05:05:58 pm
http://youtu.be/tQG_9Fs2fl0

Looks like the first biker is an asshat with the brake check.   

However,  the others who stopped to lend aid to him did nothing wrong.  A good parallel is if I was in a crowd of people and one or two threaten me I should not pull out my pistol and blaze a path through the crowd of folks who just happen to be nearby.

As to the folks that chased him down,  the ones (including the cameraman) who were farther away only knew the guy had just committed a felony hit and run, I think they were justified in chasing him down.  Beating him, no, but making sure he was detained yes.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 05:26:26 pm
There is much of this video that you can't see.  Those guys were taking up the entire road and holding up all the traffic.  Then that moron does brake check the Range Rover, which was stupid.  We all know what happens in the battle of car vs bike.  So one of the bikers forced that altercation.

They then pull over and you cannot see what it going on by the Range Rover. According to the driver, he was being threatened and had his wife and infant in the car.  He said he felt their safety was in jeopardy so he took off.  You can't see that in the video so it's hard to judge what was justified.  They were riderless bikes he plowed through, although one guy reportedly had his leg broken.  Surprised his back-protector over a t-shirt didn't save him from injury.

Then they followed him and mob violence ensued. They smashed his window, tried smashing the window where his infant was! and dragged him out. Beat him and cut up his face.  Given how they acted when they caught the car, I don't doubt they were intimidating the driver at the first stop.

The driver may have played his part but those bikers took it to a scary level of violence.  Not sure how you can defend someone smashing the windows out of a car - let alone a car with an infant in it.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 05:47:25 pm
I actually retract my previous statements.  I just watched some other videos that were leaked onto the internet and those guys were riding like assholes all afternoon.  Do a google search for NYC biker boyz.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=720_1380571291

http://www.carthrottle.com/7-videos-the-nyc-bikers-dont-want-you-to-watch/

Scottie
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:50:59 pm by Scottie J »

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 06:33:40 pm
1956 Bullet 500 (G2) Custom tank, Silencer Muffler, Powder Coated Chassis
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800cc) Touring set-up. white walls, pearl white w/ ghost flames

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 12:52:43 am

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 04:11:23 am
This is what can happen when you live in a no firearm city, you have NO protection, a .45 placed on the dash may have cooled the situation off.  Although CAR versus motorcycle can be a very effective weapon. I understand the riders were in the wrong, being rowdy all day, & are "being sought by police".
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 05:45:23 am
After watching the videos that just surfaced this morning I'm just absolutely appalled.  Every one of those guys on the ride are irresponsible, disrespectful ass clowns.  This kind of behavior is just unacceptable.  It is an absolute disgrace to the entire motorcyclist community.  The police need to investigate this further.  I think ALL the people that participated in that kind of irresponsible riding should have their motorcycle endorsement revoked for life and every one of those bikes impounded and auctioned.

Scottie

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 02:24:04 pm
Make each of the hooligan riders watch while his/her bike is crushed, then present them the bill for crushing as well.

TheGarbone

• Arrrgghhhhh
  • Scooter
Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 02:56:47 pm
This is what can happen when you live in a no firearm city, you have NO protection, a .45 placed on the dash may have cooled the situation off.  Although CAR versus motorcycle can be a very effective weapon. I understand the riders were in the wrong, being rowdy all day, & are "being sought by police".

Agreed,  looking closer at it the SUV driver did not do all that much wrong.   Being in a crowd makes things rough.   I had a recent episode while not to similar it made me think.   

A few weeks ago we were eating in at a street cafe' with our dog.   He was under the table on a shot leash waiting for dropped food.  We were set 10 feet or so back off the sidewalk. All the sudden our dog (a 15lb jack russel) starts growling and barking, I look up and there is a 75lb dirty mutt trotting toward us without a leash. I snatch our dog up quick as the apparent stray comes up and stops about 6" short of us and my dog was going nut.    After about 10 seconds the owner comes around the corner and looks at us.  I saw her and said "hey there is a leash law, come get your dog."  Instead of getting her dog she says to us "If your dog is such an asshole you should not take him out in public."  Really???   By this time her mutt had lost interest and was wandering around eating food off the ground under other customers tables.  The restaurant manager came out and asked her to leave. 

That is the closest I have ever come to drawing my weapon.  If her dog had moved those last few inches and snapped at mine that would have done it.  Lucky for us the dog had more sense than its owner.    A lot of things go through your mind when things like that happen.  Crowded restaurant, busy street, your and your families safety.    Its all a hard call to make.    If it had been my child and not my dog the mutt was approaching what would I have done?   

I don't think I would have put my pistol on the dash if I was in the SUV,  maybe I would have hopped out and drawn down,  horrible situation..
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 03:25:47 pm
Really, you would have pulled a pistol at a street cafe where people are dining because a dog got too close to your dog?  Really, what if that bullet ricochet off the ground and struck a child?  Really? What if it may have hit your wife, your dog?  Really? 
1956 Bullet 500 (G2) Custom tank, Silencer Muffler, Powder Coated Chassis
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800cc) Touring set-up. white walls, pearl white w/ ghost flames