Author Topic: Glad I've got good brakes!  (Read 1318 times)

c1skout

• Grease Monkey
on: October 02, 2013, 07:07:47 pm
I took a quick ride to the store this morning. Heading back home I decided to ride towards a road through the woods that I take occasionally. A woman in a Mitsubishi suv made a left turn into my path! She didn't slow or signal, just turned. I hauled on the brakes at about the same time she noticed me, forks squatting and the drive tire squalling. When she was stopped I had room to release the brakes and travel on past the front of her vehicle. I went about a mile on down the road thinking about what had just happened, then turned around and went back to look for the black mark from my back tire. Guess what..... no skid mark. I guess the tire was only touching the road enough to make noise. That old tls drum will sure haul this rig down well when it's working right. ;D

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 08:51:57 pm
I took a quick ride to the store this morning. Heading back home I decided to ride towards a road through the woods that I take occasionally. A woman in a Mitsubishi suv made a left turn into my path! She didn't slow or signal, just turned. I hauled on the brakes at about the same time she noticed me, forks squatting and the drive tire squalling. When she was stopped I had room to release the brakes and travel on past the front of her vehicle. I went about a mile on down the road thinking about what had just happened, then turned around and went back to look for the black mark from my back tire. Guess what..... no skid mark. I guess the tire was only touching the road enough to make noise. That old tls drum will sure haul this rig down well when it's working right. ;D

Check your skivvies!  :o
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

Afro Samurai

• Bulleteer
  • Afro Samurai
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 01:44:17 am
Ha..ha...glad you are safe...sure we have all had close ones like that.....I have to ask....what tires are you running?...

c1skout

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 03:48:54 pm
K70 frt., K81 rear. Not a combo I can recommend due to the different tire profiles.